Great Experience with DJI repair shop

Reaction score
I want to share my experience using DJI to repair my P4PV2. I printed a UPS label and shipped my drone and remote controller to DJI in Southern California at no expense to me. The drone would not transmit video images due to a burnt power connection at the battery terminal, caused by a battery that swelled and heated only once. It also had a few hair-line cracks after a bump and 2' fall in heavy wind while landing, though I kept flying it for months afterward. The drone arrived and was inspected by a DJI repair person after two days. They sent me e-mail photos of the needed repairs on the drone and a very reasonable quote of $145 to repair it. I immediately paid it with my credit card. The next day they sent me an e-mail stating that the drone had been repaired and would be shipped back to me. I have just received a NEW P4PV2 and a NEW remote controller. I know it is new because it has a different Flight Controller Serial Number. It took DJI just one week to send me back a new drone, RC and new propellers, for just $145. DJI has provided Excellent service, and I am very happy. I am an FAA licensed remote pilot and use this drone for work, in the construction industry, for mapping and site photos and can not afford much down time.

I want to share my experience using DJI to repair my P4PV2. I printed a UPS label and shipped my drone and remote controller to DJI in Southern California at no expense to me. The drone would not transmit video images due to a burnt power connection at the battery terminal, caused by a battery that swelled and heated only once. It also had a few hair-line cracks after a bump and 2' fall in heavy wind while landing, though I kept flying it for months afterward. The drone arrived and was inspected by a DJI repair person after two days. They sent me e-mail photos of the needed repairs on the drone and a very reasonable quote of $145 to repair it. I immediately paid it with my credit card. The next day they sent me an e-mail stating that the drone had been repaired and would be shipped back to me. I have just received a NEW P4PV2 and a NEW remote controller. I know it is new because it has a different Flight Controller Serial Number. It took DJI just one week to send me back a new drone, RC and new propellers, for just $145. DJI has provided Excellent service, and I am very happy. I am an FAA licensed remote pilot and use this drone for work, in the construction industry, for mapping and site photos and can not afford much down time.
Wonderful endorsement Dirt Pilot. I share your opinion about DJI's service. Twice I've crashed P4P's, twice the repair scenario was the same as yours. The $145 sure is reasonable. Yup, each time I sent mine in for repair, the bird they sent back was a different serial number. Thanks for sharing your experience as well.

Reactions: meeestermike
That's great service! Out of curiosity, did you have to re-register it because of the new serial number?

Reactions: jephoto
That's great service! Out of curiosity, did you have to re-register it because of the new serial number?
As a Part 107 certified pilot who uses this for non-recreational use then, yes, he needs to reregister it and deregister the old one.

As a purely recreational pilot, the pilot is registered. For 107 work, each drone is registered.

Reactions: Dan in Ohio
As a Part 107 certified pilot who uses this for non-recreational use then, yes, he needs to reregister it and deregister the old one.

As a purely recreational pilot, the pilot is registered. For 107 work, each drone is registered.
Makes sense. Thanks.

Great story and thanks for sharing. My P4Pv2 is fine but the day may come when I might need to send it in for repairs. I'd like to know how you packaged it for shipment. I always assumed I'd just stick it in its original foam case but now I'm wondering if that is correct. Afraid I might not get it back. Also, did you include the cables and props with your shipment? Did your new drone arrive in its case? Just wanting to understand the procedure if I ever needed to send mine in. Thanks!

I sent only my Drone and Remote Control, nothing else. The repair shop has their own batteries, cables and I-Phone to connect to the RC. I put it all in the original foam case taped it up to ship it. The new drone, new RC and new props came back in a new foam case with a plastic gimbal camera holder, in a cardboard box. I was charged $16 for the props, but getting a new drone, RC and props for $145, a week after I sent it in, is great service, in my opinion.

Reactions: dronesky
I sent only my Drone and Remote Control, nothing else. The repair shop has their own batteries, cables and I-Phone to connect to the RC. I put it all in the original foam case taped it up to ship it. The new drone, new RC and new props came back in a new foam case with a plastic gimbal camera holder, in a cardboard box. I was charged $16 for the props, but getting a new drone, RC and props for $145, a week after I sent it in, is great service, in my opinion.
It sure is....thanks!

As far as the FAA registration, the two P4P's that I crashed actually weren't registered, but since then I have achieved the Part 107 license and yes, I have registered my current P4P+. I haven't flown "commercial" yet, but just ready if that ever comes about. I'm just flying as a hobby.

Reactions: Dan in Ohio
I have had a bad experience with DJI repair center in the Netherlands with a GL300E RC and the dreaded low battery false alarm because of a fried CW2015 chip. First I was sent a 289,90 € "screen repair" bill that had nothing to do with the issue I sent the RC for. I suspect they looked into the screen software and found Amazon Marketplace & Litchi and then by some strange connection they felt it was right to change me for a new screen, or something like that. When I disputed them the issue to be repaired, the second time they sent me a correct "Remote Controller Main Board" diagnosis but they kept the repair price intact. I contacted them through a official repair center which initially estimated a 150 € repair. I feel victim of a scam attempt.

Of course I have sourced a second hand GL300F RC and I've asked for return of the RC for an independent repair. I don't know why DJI Netherlands acts this way but I think DJI is charging the same price whatever the issue the GL300E comes with. I can only thank DJI for wasting my time.

Last edited:
I’m glad your experience was the same as mine only cheaper. I smashed a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Edition to bits (75 foot drop straight onto pavement) after hitting a power line on an old logging road. They paid for shipping both ways and after sending me an estimate for $518 that involved replacing almost every part (it really was smashed to bits), sent me a brand new, sealed, not refurbished Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Edition. It had that new drone smell (polystyrene?) A steal of you ask me. I type this because people rarely write reviews or make comments when everything is going good or better than expected when interacting with a company.

Reactions: Cadillac2012
I’m glad your experience was the same as mine only cheaper. I smashed a Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Edition to bits (75 foot drop straight onto pavement) after hitting a power line on an old logging road. They paid for shipping both ways and after sending me an estimate for $518 that involved replacing almost every part (it really was smashed to bits), sent me a brand new, sealed, not refurbished Phantom 4 Pro Obsidian Edition. It had that new drone smell (polystyrene?) A steal of you ask me. I type this because people rarely write reviews or make comments when everything is going good or better than expected when interacting with a company.
My P4P+ Obsidian is under warranty repairs for the AC & RC has mismatched firmware versions and will not update to the latest DJI GO4 App 4.3.46. Tried every possible way DJI suggested but the updates fail to install. I also get ESC error message, which started popping up more frequently and the drone lands on its own when the message props up. DJI is paying for shipping (both ways), and I had to send the drone to Hong Kong (from there DJI will send it to China for repairs. I am based in Singapore). Being Chinese New Year holidays, DJI has acknowledge receipt of the drone but will start repairs only from the 7th. Feb when they reopen. I shall post the outcome once I hear from them.

I've had to send in a few different drones to DJI and I have never really had anything negative to say about them. They have been generally very prompt with responding and sending the drone back.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31