GPS Issues

Reaction score
Hey guys im trying to figure out whats up with my GPS i had some advice from some members on here, but im making a post to try and get more.
Issue:
the QuadCopter starts up and goes through all the correct Pre-Flight configuration. the lights blink correctly,
then it settles and just blinks red and yellow. in the manual this means a GPS error.

Troubleshooting steps i have taken:
Attempt Calibration with Transmitter, flick the switch back and forth 6-10 times, and pivoit/turn on the axis until light is solid green. Yay that seems to have worked.
power down and repower the drone and it is back to Yellow and red lights. (this is in the same location in a field)

OK that didnt work, so i took the drone apart and make sure the connections where all good. everything looked connected well, so i dont think that is the issue.

Next thing i did was Plug it into my computer and use the Naza software to trouble shoot it. I get an error (gps2.Png) saying that the GPS not calibrated. there are no magnetic fields around it.
I checked the GPS information in the Upgrade secition (GPS.PNG), there is no Loader information, idk if this is normal or not.
Looking in the View\basic\Mounting seciton , GPS location as the x,y and z as 0. (GPS5.PnG) im still really new to these devices so im not sure if that is normal or not.

any advice or reading material would be very useful.

if any more information is needed let me know

Attachments

• gps2.PNG
    gps2.PNG
    5.6 KB · Views: 394
  • Gps.PNG
    Gps.PNG
    42 KB · Views: 431
  • Gps5.PNG
    Gps5.PNG
    82.6 KB · Views: 395
Had it been doing ok before this /
If so have you had any crashes/hard tip overs /
When in assistant did ya do an advanced IMU calibration..not sure if that would make any difference or not but did ya ?

Im not the original owner. the previous owner mentioned it wasnt working right so i assumed it may be messed up

Well it might be possible the antenna on top of the GPS puck is cracked . Did ya check that when ya had it opened up ?

i havent checked to see if the disk is cracked yet. i did have it apart and looked at it. it didnt seem to be broken, ill take a look at it when i get a chance. i Ran "tools\advanced" Advanced Cali and got this error, (GPS4,PNG)

Attachments

• GPS4.PNG
    GPS4.PNG
    56.3 KB · Views: 374
That temp to high thing is a known glitch/bug in the software that can be totally ignored and just click ok or yes on that and continue on with the IMU calibration

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.