GPS dropping out, both with Litchi and GO app

Reaction score
I sent my P4A in for repair near the end of my DJI Care Refresh, after a crash on takeoff damaged the housing a bit. I got it back in Jan, did a couple of initial flights with it and all seemed good, one thing I noticed was that the gimbal vibration was completely gone, something my original P4A had bad enough I was getting jello in the videos, but that was corrected more or less after the first time I sent it in, however there was still a bit of vibration.

Anyway, with warmer weather finally here, I did some longer flights yesterday, flying a couple of litchi missions that I have flown before. The first one involves a flight out about 700 meters, circling a POI and returning. It's over a forested area, and when leaves are on the trees I would lose signal when I had the mission set to an altitude of 35 meters, but the mission would complete okay. I then raised the altitude to 100 meters and the signal loss was gone.

Anyway, this time on the way out to the POI, I was getting a couple of GPS errors, then about 1 minute after it circled the POI and was coming in, I got a "mission ended" voice on the Litchi program and I had to come in manually. I then flew another shorter mission I have saved and it aborted about 1 minute in.

I then flew it manually out to the same area with the GO app, I got a couple of GPS out messages, so I flew out an equal distance in another direction, and this time it went into atti mode saying it lost the GPS connection, then picked up the GPS again as I was flying back closer to home.

Today if I get time I am going to fly my P4 on the same missions to see if it happens, but I have a feeling it's only on the P4A as I have never had issues in these areas before.

When I got my P4A back I don't know if I got a replacement unit or not, do they always send a replacement unit when you use the Care Refresh?

If you have issues while using Litchi, will your DJI Care Refresh still apply? I extended mine for another year so I am wondering about that too..

I guess I will open a ticket with DJI and send in my DAT log files & see what they say.

If the serial numbers match, that would answer that question.
I’ve heard that if you got a refurbished one, there would be an”r” in the serial number. Personally, I’ve never seen a refurb, so not 100% sure on that aspect.

Reactions: Hounddog
I sent my P4A in for repair near the end of my DJI Care Refresh, after a crash on takeoff damaged the housing a bit. I got it back in Jan, did a couple of initial flights with it and all seemed good, one thing I noticed was that the gimbal vibration was completely gone, something my original P4A had bad enough I was getting jello in the videos, but that was corrected more or less after the first time I sent it in, however there was still a bit of vibration.

Anyway, with warmer weather finally here, I did some longer flights yesterday, flying a couple of litchi missions that I have flown before. The first one involves a flight out about 700 meters, circling a POI and returning. It's over a forested area, and when leaves are on the trees I would lose signal when I had the mission set to an altitude of 35 meters, but the mission would complete okay. I then raised the altitude to 100 meters and the signal loss was gone.

Anyway, this time on the way out to the POI, I was getting a couple of GPS errors, then about 1 minute after it circled the POI and was coming in, I got a "mission ended" voice on the Litchi program and I had to come in manually. I then flew another shorter mission I have saved and it aborted about 1 minute in.

I then flew it manually out to the same area with the GO app, I got a couple of GPS out messages, so I flew out an equal distance in another direction, and this time it went into atti mode saying it lost the GPS connection, then picked up the GPS again as I was flying back closer to home.

Today if I get time I am going to fly my P4 on the same missions to see if it happens, but I have a feeling it's only on the P4A as I have never had issues in these areas before.

When I got my P4A back I don't know if I got a replacement unit or not, do they always send a replacement unit when you use the Care Refresh?

If you have issues while using Litchi, will your DJI Care Refresh still apply? I extended mine for another year so I am wondering about that too..

I guess I will open a ticket with DJI and send in my DAT log files & see what they say.
I looked at this over on DJI forum.
GPS dropping out on my replaced P4A

post #10

Looks to me like the compass isn't calibrated correctly. Possibly due to an external device being attached and then not doing a calibration.

@sar104

Thanks for the replies.

I have not added any external devices such as trackers etc, and did re-calibrate the compass when I got the AC back from DJI. I will re-calibrate compass again and see what happens.

Now that I think about it, I did find it odd that I got the same AC back according to the SN - yet I did pay the $99 replacement fee to DJI for the care refresh. Will have to look into that some more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers