[GPS]disconnect please reset and check connection

Reaction score
I was just flying on Long Island approx 250ft up with some moderate to light winds. Drone started drifting hard when I noticed that the GPS signal had gone to 0 when I had max connectivity few seconds before. Popped it into ATTI mode and brought it down. Rebooted the craft, NG. Rebooted the controller, NG. I hadn't updated to the new firmware so I did a field update and updated both radio and drone. Recalibrated the compass. Rebooted drone and controller and still no GPS. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

If the GPS failed suddenly and nothing you can do, including power cycling, can bring it back then you may have had a hardware failure. You might try contacting DJI tech support and see what they say.

Reactions: Jason Porembski
If the GPS failed suddenly and nothing you can do, including power cycling, can bring it back then you may have had a hardware failure. You might try contacting DJI tech support and see what they say.
The 4 pro has dual receivers right? Doubt they both failed...

I already shot them a message. I did a refresh on the firmware and a reset and I feel like it got better but still said gps disconnected occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

It has GPS and glonas which I thought are supposed to be independent systems for redundancy.
It receives both GPS and GLONASS but they are on the same chipset. The reason for including GLONASS is better positioning accuracy, not hardware redundancy. I guess having GLONASS would provide redundancy if the entire US GPS system were to suddenly blank out, but in that case you'd have a lot more to worry about than your drone :) .

Reactions: lumy
It receives both GPS and GLONASS but they are on the same chipset. The reason for including GLONASS is better positioning accuracy, not hardware redundancy. I guess having GLONASS would provide redundancy if the entire US GPS system were to suddenly blank out, but in that case you'd have a lot more to worry about than your drone :) .
Ah I misunderstood then.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers