GoPro Vs. Sony Action Cam

Reaction score
Hi, anyone shooting with the Sony Action Cam on your Phantom?

The image quality is superior to that of the GoPro. I just got the Sony. I have both.

I'm a newbie Phantom pilot trying to figure out how to mount the Sony on the Phantom.

Is there an off-the-shelf product that I can use to mount the Sony?

Oh, I guess I'd better get more flight time in. First day of flight! A success with few minor crashes. Small backyard and windy!

RedFishChaser said:
The image quality is superior to that of the GoPro. I just got the Sony. I have both.

I'm a newbie Phantom pilot trying to figure out how to mount the Sony on the Phantom.

Actually, the image quality is NOT superior. Check out what the networks use, and you will find they select the GoPro every time they don't go with a higher end solution.

Your second point is more important. The Phantom, and the other RTF solutions are built, designed and conceived for the most popular platform in the world. That would be the GoPro.

To the best of my knowledge, there is no off the shelf solution for anything but a Go Pro.

Sorry to disappoint.

D

Camera Guy is right, the GoPro Black is vastly superior to the Sony in terms of image quality. I had one of the Sonys, thought I'd give it a try, hated it (Comparatively). Sold it on Ebay after 2 weeks.

I don't like the GoPro in dwindling light but that's it.

Gopro dropped in saltwater, washed In freshwater, dried out...still works....mostly. Does Sony do that? If it was waterproof without that big *** heavy box the gopro sits in I'd be interested in the Sony.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20