GoPro Start/Stop Control

You can pull stills from video as well from almost any device. It's all in the software. Easy with GoPro devices.

I may just have been lucky, but I stuck a 5g servo on top of the camera. It hasn't upset the Gimbal and operates the shutter button.

I'm using a Futaba 14SG / R7008SB so have assigned it Channel 8.

I have to select the mode before flying (Video / Photo), but that's fine for me.....maybe I should stick another 3g server on the front for that button. I think that's pushing the gimbal balance too far!

Peec,

any chance you can post a photo of your remote trigger setup?

Kelly

Guys, you can capture snapshots of your video taken by your GoPro by simply using the VLC Player to play your GoPro video. This way, you can just set up your GoPro for video mode only and then capture whatever shot you want through the VLC Player. The quality of the photos are still good. Hopes this helps.

Raptor said:
Guys, you can capture snapshots of your video taken by your GoPro by simply using the VLC Player to play your GoPro video. This way, you can just set up your GoPro for video mode only and then capture whatever shot you want through the VLC Player. The quality of the photos are still good. Hopes this helps.

The quality of the shots is far from good.
I have had some success with capturing screenshots from 4k video but from 1080p the pics are crap. I guess they're OK if you just want to stick them on a forum or something but to use for anything else, this isn't really an option.
The timelapse function is irritating too as it blanks the screen for a short time when it takes the shot.

The best compromise is to do the video + photo mode. The quality of the pictures isn't as good as straight shots but it's slightly better than screenshots from VLC.

CunningStuntFlyer said:
That makes sense but when you compare the files the GoPro jpeg is 2mb vs. a VLC screenshot that is a 4.85MB png.

Both are still lower quality but I was surprised when I did the comparison.

PNG photographs are generally larger than their JPEG equivalent. If you take the same photograph in Photoshop and save it under the two formats, you'll find the PNG is much bigger even when you are using very high quality settings for JPEG.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20