GoPro Karma Release

Price point is nice. I was thinking about buying a Hero5 anyway, but at this price with the Osmo type device, it's very attractive to get the bundle with Karma.

The battery lasts 20 minutes (max). The other specs are available here.

Specs.png

Screenshot or copy paste please?

GoPro really hit the mark here. Icing on the cake would be reasonably priced batteries. Any info on that yet? I didn't see any spares in the video... I wonder how many spares fit in the case?

Included.png

Hmmmm........I'd like to see some real world flights from users before I think about purchasing one. It sounds awesome right now but I'd like to hear some of the complaints first, if any of course.

Anything on range and battery life ?

Flight speed: 35 mph
Max. Distance: 3,280 ft. (1000 meters)
Altitude: 14,500 ft.
Run time: Up to 20 minutes

I'm also curious as to if these two new cameras have a memory card of some sort (Hero5 Black waterproof case.) or is it internal? It looked like they were connecting to external Wi-Fi devices to move images off both.

3280ft/1000m= 0.62 mile. I wouldn't be surprised if that was a geo fence. Sounds awfully short. Then again, maybe they're keeping the price down by taking the wifi approach in regards to video transmission.

Battery: Up to 20 minutes?? So realistically, it's 15 minutes if that.

15 minutes is fine, just wish manufacturers would stop inflating battery flight times.

You can't call it inflated until it's been tested. Odds are that it is, but that still doesn't make it a certainty. Does anyone know how accurate GoPro reports battery life on their cameras? That might give aus a clue on how accurate the 20min spec is.

Spare batteries are $100. That's a good deal less than DJI batteries, but a good deal less flight time too.

They also have all the parts for their Karma drone on their website to sell pieces: i.e. arms, props, gimble, landing gear, remote. The main body and electronics is one part though at $399. Didn't see the motors - yet. No mention if the new cameras need a ND filter either or if available if fixed aperture.

Still, their pixelated videos of the sky bug me! If the new cameras use internal storage they might be sending compressed (pixleated) video off in transport to external devices or their user cloud server. Ugh!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cgarner1