GoPro is Recalling its Karma Drone

Reaction score
GoPro is recalling its Karma drone ...

if that isn't the nail in the coffin, I dont know what is. Return for a full refund, get a mavic.

Ouch, I was kinda rooting for them. I like to have Quality Quads in the market because there are so many quads that are garbage. Maybe they will rebound and get things right.

Ouch, I was kinda rooting for them. I like to have Quality Quads in the market because there are so many quads that are garbage. Maybe they will rebound and get things right.

It also helps to keep prices low.

Reactions: MrTommy
GoPro were in trouble before the recall.
If it worked properly, the Karma was the perfect drone for 2014 but just not competitive now.

Really amazing news. Not just send it in for repair, but a FULL refund. I read some 2500 units were sold. I wonder if they plan to fix those and resell them OR if that is too costly (depending on the fix)...

Really amazing news. Not just send it in for repair, but a FULL refund. I read some 2500 units were sold. I wonder if they plan to fix those and resell them OR if that is too costly (depending on the fix)...
The buyers might not realise it but they just got a get out of jail free card.

I spent a bunch of time researching the Karma issues. It looks bad, real bad. When the factory team who built them closes down they'll have jobs building the wall LOL

The only advantage the Karma has over DJI, IMO, is the removable camera and stabilizer. That said, DJI simply has too many years of experience in the Flying Camera business for me to switch brands.

The Karma had no chance. Sad really.
From the point GoPro began thinking they should offer a drone to when they started shipping them, there is no good reason why they released a drone the market would reject in this magnitude.. They plainly saw the leaders' offerings, and they know the market loves technology. With all of the buildup of "Karma is Coming" to what was released, heads need to roll.

I looked at the Karma drone forums and there are some videos where they just fall out of the sky. One hit a tree so it doesn't count, but some sound like a motor seizes up and some like no electricity and tumble down. The buzzy noise of the audio is annoying in them, but telling as to why they maybe fall too. I can understand why the "No flights over people" rule exists as it could lead to some serious issues if they fail with such a frequency. Video quality looks good though.

Video quality looks good though.
Many of them have the "jello" effect with the video footage. There is also many owners complaining about vibration in the video, due to some mal-fitting components after a semi-hard landing.

Another story in Saus news I think, "Karma just falls from sky"!
The author predicted battery issues, but another post says firmware so who knows.
Not just fixing those 2500 that sold, direct replacements, ouch!
Go Pro market shares down 21%

Not just fixing those 2500 that sold, direct replacements, ouch!
Go Pro market shares down 21%
There are NO replacements. GoPro is giving refunds. Again, no exchanges. For those who get a refund, then you'll have to buy another one when (or IF) they ever release another drone. GoPro does not know when (or IF) that will happen.

Could be the end of the Karma. I wasn't planning on buying the Karma but I did want the Karma Grip for my gropro's. I noticed the Oct. 23rd release date was changed to "coming soon". Here it is 11/9/16 and hasn't changed. The fact that they are giving full refunds tells me they might either forget about Karma or start from the drawing board. Their definitely going to lose big this year.

Reactions: Fishie

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers