Google Map Issue...

Reaction score
20161114_234617.png

This all just started tonight never seen anything like it. Also arrow location of the maps doesnt auto follow.. the arrow will go out bound while the mini map stays stationary right over the home position. So basically i have to double tap map and swipe and look for my drone lol... strange... I went ahead and reinstalled the dji go app.. It is of the latest version. Drone and remote are both up to date. Just performed IMU calibration along with compass and controller calibration all failed to fix the issue.. Any ideas? I had to explain what i have already tried so that there already ruled out! Thanks hope to hear a solution as I have no more ideas lol.

P.S. IMAGE ABOVE! Why is it showing addresses everywhere and showing here at my address lol i do only live 2.8 to 3 milea from a local military airport.. kind of out of curiousity wondered if it was some type of signal shot out from the satelites...

Arrow location of the maps doesnt auto follow.. the arrow will go out bound while the mini map stays stationary right over the home position.
Touch the little padlock icon on the map needle in top left of the map window to unlock it and allow the map to rotate.
Otherwise it's lock in north up mode.

P.S. IMAGE ABOVE! Why is it showing addresses everywhere and showing here at my address lol i do only live 2.8 to 3 milea from a local military airport.. kind of out of curiousity wondered if it was some type of signal shot out from the satelites...
No idea except that the only things the satellites give the app is location and time data.
They don't shoot out any additional information.

Touch the little padlock icon on the map needle in top left of the map window to unlock it and allow the map to rotate.
Otherwise it's lock in north up mode.

No idea except that the only things the satellites give the app is location and time data.

They don't shoot out any additional information.

Yes the additional data displayed is puzzling me lol... Although i kind of got worked up because I pulled a 1640 ft flight wanting a cool ariel view of my neighborhood when typically i stay around 400ft and as i said im 2.8 miles from a airport.. But I got a specific search job to do for my dad at his house tomorrow morning he called me out i dont want to be specific but its out in the country and i wanted to try and get it figured out ASAP. I was trying to mess with the lock is thats something i have to do prior to take off?

It's a simple toggle on/off and it gives you north up/track up.
Do it any time you want to.
Most people would just leave it unlocked all the time.

Ok thanks not sure how it happened anyhow.. i never mess with those settings but my map looked different too.. i can see everyones address and by mine it says "here"
Screenshot_20161114-213120.png

Ok thanks not sure how it happened anyhow.. i never mess with those settings but my map looked different too.. i can see everyones address
Click on the layers icon in the top right and you get choices as to what map you want to show.
You've picked the one that shows street numbers but that's just one of the options.

Im still having issues here.. map will still not follow the drone.. i did however notice this before taking off today

Attachments

• Screenshot_20161119-223613.png
    Screenshot_20161119-223613.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 274
Same issue here. Fired up the P4 today and the map has stopped following the P4's arrow blip. It still tracks the flight path, but will not lock onto the arrow and follow as it usually would. The map imagery also seems to be much more blurry detail than usual. I tried the lock button in the corner, it did not help. Also, before I gave up due to dead batteries, I noticed while the P4 was moving forward, the arrow on the map showed it facing the opposite direction. What the....???

Apparently all of this was happening after the 11/18/16 DJI GO app update that uses "HERE maps" instead of Google maps. I reverted back to the previous version of the app and everything is normal again.

Apparently all of this was happening after the 11/18/16 DJI GO app update that uses "HERE maps" instead of Google maps. I reverted back to the previous version of the app and everything is normal again.

I may do the same, was it very hard to revert back?

20161114_234617.png

This all just started tonight never seen anything like it. Also arrow location of the maps doesnt auto follow.. the arrow will go out bound while the mini map stays stationary right over the home position. So basically i have to double tap map and swipe and look for my drone lol... strange... I went ahead and reinstalled the dji go app.. It is of the latest version. Drone and remote are both up to date. Just performed IMU calibration along with compass and controller calibration all failed to fix the issue.. Any ideas? I had to explain what i have already tried so that there already ruled out! Thanks hope to hear a solution as I have no more ideas lol.

Hi Plumber, have you figured out how to get the map to follow the craft? I have the same problem and I have been trying every icon I can see on the app. I installed the new GO 4.0 app and it does the same thing, gets pretty annoying, I need 3 hands to fly now! lol

Reactions: DEMENTED941

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.