Google announced DJI P3 and P4 on top 10 list for gifts this year.

Reaction score
I'm not sure seeing DJI on the list for gifts was a great thing for me. On one hand, I was happy to see that the drones I have made the list, but it worries me of the fallout of the wrong age group making the rules even tighter for us that have had these. It's sad to see that our hobby has become gift toys and because of that, I think the rules are going to change and not for the better. What are your thoughts. Maybe hearing others thoughts may knock down my worry tree.....

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

I'm not sure seeing DJI on the list for gifts was a great thing for me. On one hand, I was happy to see that the drones I have made the list, but it worries me of the fallout of the wrong age group making the rules even tighter for us that have had these. It's sad to see that our hobby has become gift toys and because of that, I think the rules are going to change and not for the better. What are your thoughts. Maybe hearing others thoughts may knock down my worry tree.....

I hear you... there are already many people who do not know, or don't care about following the rules and common sense. The number of first time users was 55% on Mavic Pre-orders on a poll on the Mavic forum... one can only hope that the majority keep it safe.

The only good I see from this is there might be some good deals of used birds out there after a few months. Most toys get used a few times and get put away or sold. Hobbyists on another hand bought these to use.

I am brand new to the hobby and bought a p4 for my son for Christmas. He is 14 and has asked for a drone for a few years now. The reason I jumped right in and bought a p4 is so that he will not think it was a toy. I did not want to buy him a small cheap one that he would just treat like a toy. I want him to learn how to do a good pre-flight check, always fly responsible and treat it like a hobby. I also hope that this will be a great bonding experience for us.

Reactions: MichiganPhantom4
I hope this bonding time works for you. I've tried everything from snowmobiles, motorcycles, cars, to 4 wheelers and nothing was interesting to him. He's now almost 22 and he said that had those ( drones) been around when he was younger, he would've loved it. Now he's too busy with work and college and of course gaming and girlfriend. All in that order. So sincerely, I hope it'll be a memorable time for you guys. I'd go buy another so you both have one!

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj