GoofyBird is back/Thanks DJI

Reaction score
I know there are at least a couple hundred threads on this subject but almost all of them are negative. I was having issues with my video feed (or lack there of) and after trying everything suggested here I decided to send GB back to DJI. But before we document that experience let me catch you up on a little background about GoofyBird (DJI--DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT !!) I bought GB1 back in Aug of this year and at that time ordered lights so that I could see it better during the day. Not wanting to spend too much I went with the cheap ones from China (isn't everything these days?) When they arrived it became clear I would have to open up GB to wire them to a power source. So I went to YouTube and found a video on taking GB apart. Well that didn't go so well and after reassembling GB I got an ESC status error and his motors would not start. I tried everything, called several Drone guys and No Good. So I purchased another bird from one of these guys that parts out P3A's. Within a week I was back in the air and only out $500 (what I figured DJI would charge since it was obvious I had voided my warranty. All was well until 3 weeks ago I was flying and in the middle of a flight I lost video feed, had control but no video. Well I decided to see if DJI would warranty the gimbal/controller issue that was causing my no video but to do this I would have to send them the old P3A that had been opened (the new (bird only) I had bought had no warranty)
To make this shorter, they not only repaired everything at N/C but minus the shipping times only had GB for 6 days. In my opinion that is outstanding customer service and even though I can't seem to get them to tell me what they did, GB is fixed and back in the air.
Thanks DJI

I know there are at least a couple hundred threads on this subject but almost all of them are negative. I was having issues with my video feed (or lack there of) and after trying everything suggested here I decided to send GB back to DJI. But before we document that experience let me catch you up on a little background about GoofyBird (DJI--DO NOT READ BEYOND THIS POINT !!) I bought GB1 back in Aug of this year and at that time ordered lights so that I could see it better during the day. Not wanting to spend too much I went with the cheap ones from China (isn't everything these days?) When they arrived it became clear I would have to open up GB to wire them to a power source. So I went to YouTube and found a video on taking GB apart. Well that didn't go so well and after reassembling GB I got an ESC status error and his motors would not start. I tried everything, called several Drone guys and No Good. So I purchased another bird from one of these guys that parts out P3A's. Within a week I was back in the air and only out $500 (what I figured DJI would charge since it was obvious I had voided my warranty. All was well until 3 weeks ago I was flying and in the middle of a flight I lost video feed, had control but no video. Well I decided to see if DJI would warranty the gimbal/controller issue that was causing my no video but to do this I would have to send them the old P3A that had been opened (the new (bird only) I had bought had no warranty)
To make this shorter, they not only repaired everything at N/C but minus the shipping times only had GB for 6 days. In my opinion that is outstanding customer service and even though I can't seem to get them to tell me what they did, GB is fixed and back in the air.
Thanks DJI
No doubt they have improved customer service-- a big plus to add to an already incredible flying and picture taking machine. If they ever get the customer service figured out, forget about any competition.:):)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers