Goodluckbuy VISION gimbals

PhantomKid wrote:
Luap, the tilt of the FC200 via the APP takes awhile to catch up - you release the on-screen button and it carries on.

Do you know which setting in the gimbal software might change that a bit ?.

Try increasing the I setting of the PID for the pitch. That will increase the speed of the pitch motor.

Thanks but that didn't seem to help. It's not the actual speed of the pitch it appears to be the "length" of command from the APP. You press down, for example, and the camera pitches down but will continue for maybe 4 seconds making small adjustments real y difficult. Is there another place in that software that might help ?

I don't use the app to change pitch but use the 7th channel so don't have that issue.
Possibly its lag from the app and not much you can do.
Have you tried playing with Phantom Assistant Software and changing Gimbal values?
You can also try changing values in the SimpleBGC value under RC settings tab - RC control.

Have you had some flights with the Gimbal? How is it with the vibrations and jello?
I still have some slight vibrations in forward flight at 1080p 30fps widest setting which I can't get rid off.
I've ordered an ND filter to see if that helps.
At 720p 60fps hardly any vibration/jello.

I don't use the app to change pitch but use the 7th channel so don't have that issue.

Doesn't the app (when on) cancel the 7th channel lever ?

Have you tried playing with Phantom Assistant Software and changing Gimbal values?
You can also try changing values in the SimpleBGC value under RC settings tab - RC control.

Nope - will give that a go . . .

Have you had some flights with the Gimbal? How is it with the vibrations and jello?
I still have some slight vibrations in forward flight at 1080p 30fps widest setting which I can't get rid off.
I've ordered an ND filter to see if that helps.
At 720p 60fps hardly any vibration/jello.

I've got a very thin pro HD filter on that helps but the best footage appears to be when set to 720.

PhantomKid said:
Doesn't the app (when on) cancel the 7th channel lever ?

I use firmware v1.08. So no it doesn't. Thats the main reason I never upgraded.
Android app. 1.0.38 - but its the firmwares above 1.08 that removes the 7th channel ability

PhantomKid said:
I've got a very thin pro HD filter on that helps but the best footage appears to be when set to 720.

Do you have a picture of it on and a link to the filter?
My ND filter is too heavy - creates even more vibrations - even when balanced (which results in even more weight).

Ah, v1.08 - that explains that then :D

Here's the filter (eBay UK) Super Slim ND Filter - it's a very nice product.

And here it is in situ;

Attachments

• Filter.jpg
    Filter.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 478
Ok, none of the PT2 Assistant gimbal controls appear to alter anything (well not what I want anyway).

I've also tried in the BCU software (only changing one thing at a time) and that doesn't seem to help either :(

If I dab the tilt/pitch control on the iPhone APP the camera will move, slowly (which is fine) a bit.

However if you press the button for a second then the camera will move for about eight seconds.
If you then try and reverse it's travel it will stop going that way and change direction but again for several seconds.

So I end up chasing it up and down until I get where I want to be - all this whilst trying to fly the machine.

Thanks for the links and good to know you figured it out -strange never thought changing pid from 28 to 8 would affect that.
Will test it out as well.

The 8 is (now) in the 'P' column against Pitch.

All my other settings are the same as in the guys video apart from the Sensor one - he has -Z and I have Z.

When I changed that the gimbal went barmy on me and I had to change it back AND turn it all off and back on again.

Thankfully it all seems fine now :D

I need help about install this gimbal on the DJI Phantom 2 Vision.
Could anybody help me? it's possible install without solder?

PhantomKid said:
Ah, v1.08 - that explains that then :D

Here's the filter (eBay UK) Super Slim ND Filter - it's a very nice product.

And here it is in situ;

I need help about install this gimbal on the DJI Phantom 2 Vision.
Could you help me? it's possible install without solder?

you will also need something to stop the thick white Vision cable from affecting the gimbal - some sort of spiral extension :?:

Attachments

Cable.jpg
Cable.jpg (37.48 KiB) Viewed 258 times

JSTSH.jpg

I have a ? about that extension cable. On a few different Ipod audio extension cables i have been able to find that mention the pin outs on them they all have 2 of the pinouts crossed over at one end. so it was like pin 1 to pin 1, 2 to 2, 3 to 4, and 4 to 3

Did you happen to get one that is not crossed over or does it not matter?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wkflysaphan4