Good morning from Mid Missouri

Shoot4fun

Drone bum...
Reaction score
New to the forum. Been flying my P3 standard for almost 3 years now, mostly on our family farms. I don't do any commercial work. Just checking crops/pastures and occasionally looking for missing livestock. I'm here to learn some of the secrets these drones hold.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190616-112546.jpg
    Screenshot_20190616-112546.jpg
    433.6 KB · Views: 259
You will love it here. So many good people share their knowledge, advice and experience.

I am also from Missouri. St Louis area. Planning an upcoming trip to Taum Sauk Mountain - the state's highest point. Hoping to catch the sunrise and even more hoping that there will be a morning mist as I have seen on more than one occasion at this time of year. Saw it 1979 in the autumn and all you could see was the gold colored leaves on the trees as the mist rose up.
Looked like golden islands in a sea of mist.

PS I am a personal assistant to a horse and two goats. Time to go grab the shovel......

Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?

You will love it here. So many good people share their knowledge, advice and experience.

I am also from Missouri. St Louis area. Planning an upcoming trip to Taum Sauk Mountain - the state's highest point. Hoping to catch the sunrise and even more hoping that there will be a morning mist as I have seen on more than one occasion at this time of year. Saw it 1979 in the autumn and all you could see was the gold colored leaves on the trees as the mist rose up.
Looked like golden islands in a sea of mist.

PS I am a personal assistant to a horse and two goats. Time to go grab the shovel......
Personal assistant. I like that! I'm a personal assistant to about a thousand holstein heifers. My "shovel" is attached to a 100 hp John Deere tractor!
?

Reactions: Phantom_Al
Welcome to the forum.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching .?
Thanks for the welcome! I'm usually not too shy about asking questions, even dumb ones!

Reactions: dirkclod
Welcome, I have family in Marshfield. I play all around that area. I metal detect, collect stones for polishing and checked out where that meteor crashed north of Lebanon. I mainly do all that stuff because I can't stand to be around my sister in law. Lol

Welcome, I have family in Marshfield. I play all around that area. I metal detect, collect stones for polishing and checked out where that meteor crashed north of Lebanon. I mainly do all that stuff because I can't stand to be around my sister in law. Lol

20 minutes from Lebanon. 25 from Lake of The Ozarks, and Ft Leonard Wood. And I have a sister in law I avoid at all costs too!

Personal assistant. I like that! I'm a personal assistant to about a thousand holstein heifers. My "shovel" is attached to a 100 hp John Deere tractor!
?
We recently got an English Shepherd. She makes my life much easier.
I actually parked my PS3 on top of a box - turned it on and used it as a fixed camera. (I use 3 HD camcorders to produce 1080p concert and nature videos - however they are limited to 30 fps.)
Normally I always shoot at 2.7k with the drone - however I shot with the drone camera at 720p setting it to 60fps. That way I could use the parked drone camera to capture our dog as she leapt high into the air to catch balls or a frisbee, which enabled me to do a much much smoother slomo than the 30fps does.
Also having the drone in a fixed position on the ground goes a long way to avoid another crash.... Cough - sigh.....:oops:
Here's wishing you all the best with your aerial adventures..... :)

Reactions: Shoot4fun
We recently got an English Shepherd. She makes my life much easier.
I actually parked my PS3 on top of a box - turned it on and used it as a fixed camera. (I use 3 HD camcorders to produce 1080p concert and nature videos - however they are limited to 30 fps.)
Normally I always shoot at 2.7k with the drone - however I shot with the drone camera at 720p setting it to 60fps. That way I could use the parked drone camera to capture our dog as she leapt high into the air to catch balls or a frisbee, which enabled me to do a much much smoother slomo than the 30fps does.
Also having the drone in a fixed position on the ground goes a long way to avoid another crash.... Cough - sigh.....:oops:
Here's wishing you all the best with your aerial adventures..... :)

Sounds like you're far more into this than I'll ever be! I just use my drone to fly over crops and look at the scenery! I haven't tried to edit video yet. I'd love to fly a set pattern several times a year then make it all a smooth video to show the change of seasons. I've seen another who's done it and it was pretty sweet! Litchi and I have our issues though, and I'm reluctant to turn it loose with my baby. Crashed once already and did a fair amount of damage. I'm still working up to it... ?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20