Gonna shoot a 360° of the eclipse...

For me, I was on a hill about 250ft height in a park. I flew up 777 ft in my p3p. Using the extensible gimbal pitch of plus 30% gain, I was able to move the camera to see the sun. I used my Standard UV filter with a 3 & P4 Series GND (Graduated) ND16-8 Filter by Snake River Prototyping. This did not give me a good look at he eclipse but did protect my camera. The sun was just too bright without special filters for an eclipse. I had to use eclipse glasses for a good look at the eclipse. I'm here in Southern California, so we only had a 65% cover over here.

I used a 0-200 nd filter on my 35mm digital camera and the sun was still too bright for that. I tried shutting the aperture but I could not find the correct settings...I did get some photos of it but they are blue in color and everything except the sun is blacked out...I assume that's because I shut it down too much

Reactions: NRJ
Well if you already have a good lens you just need a polarizing filter...the higher the number the better when shooting the sun..I used a standard 55-200mm zoom lens.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik