Golf Majors Drone control

Reaction score
My neighbor and I live about 8 miles from this year's Byron Nelson Tournament..both days we flew we experienced eratic behavior while both in the air. Mavic and a P3a.. He says security is in place to protect the golf airspace..is this possible? Or the amount of media and telecom signals concentrated there possible culprit?
I would think amateur drones would create havoc during a tournament

My neighbor and I live about 8 miles from this year's Byron Nelson Tournament..both days we flew we experienced eratic behavior while both in the air. Mavic and a P3a.. He says security is in place to protect the golf airspace..is this possible? Or the amount of media and telecom signals concentrated there possible culprit?
I would think amateur drones would create havoc during a tournament
Drones might create a nuisance at the golf course but that's going to be unrelated to whatever you experienced 8 miles away.
The recorded flight data might give some clues.
Can you describe what you observed and supply flight data?
Go to DJI Flight Log Viewer
Follow the instructions there to upload your flight record from your phone or tablet.
Come back and post a link to the report it gives you.

Reactions: BigAl07
I'm kinda suprised drone activity doesn't happen more often at golf tournaments?

The last time I heard about a drone at a major sporting event was at the U.S. Open tennis tourney a few years back --- some idiot crashed his hexacopter into the main stadium and it was captured on camera.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl