GO Settings Reset between Flights

Reaction score
I set my RTH altitude to more than 30m because of the grade of the land and some geologic structures are more than 100 feet tall. I recently set my max flight altitude to more than 120m to get into a ravine on a hill. I come in to land, change batteries and take off to record the next ravine over and reach 393 feet and I get the "maximum flight alititude reached" message. After landing this flight, I find all settings have been reset to their defaults.

Anybody see this occur to them?

I recently set my max flight altitude to more than 120m to get into a ravine on a hill. I come in to land, change batteries and take off to record the next ravine over and reach 393 feet and I get the "maximum flight alititude reached" message. After landing this flight, I find all settings have been reset to their defaults.
How much more than 120 metres did you set as your Max Alt? (393 feet = 119.784 metres.)
You started to mention RTH height setting but didn't finish the story?
It would be very unusual for those settings to change unless either you changed them or you updated firmware.
Otherwise they just stay at whatever you set.

I realize I wasn't too clear, I just didn't go into all various settings that got reverted...

I set max altitude to 200 for these 2 flights. After the first flight, max altitude was reset to 120 meters. I was at the base of a the hill at about 4500' altitude and the peak of the hill is over 5600' but I wanted to get footage of a couple of ravines I would like to explore on foot (when the heat goes away). I was able to ascend to about the top of climbable height (just under 500' from take-off) so I know the flight altitude was where I set it. The first video had no abrupt yaw movements, so my stick input were where I wanted them. The second flight (which limited me to 120m) video shows those jerky movements when the EXP settings are at default.

EXP stick inputs were back to 0.40, RTH, stick filtering and gains were all back to defaults. (Who knows what else got reset in the app/AC.)

I've never had these setting change by themselves and it's been over a year since I set them last.

I've never had these setting change by themselves and it's been over a year since I set them last.
In 5 years flying DJI machines, I've only seen those settings revert if you update firmware or if you try to set them without having the aircraft connected.
And I haven't heard of it happening for anyone else either.

Reactions: BigAl07
Just something to add to my pre-flight check list. Now I have to go out and figure out what I had for all those values. Guess I have to write them down and keep them handy too.

Reactions: BigAl07

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik