Go 4 app IOS 4.1.2 and video breakup

Reaction score
Anyone else having problems with the new go 4 ios app 4.1.2, one of my ipad mini 4`s has auto updated and now i have video breakup on the app screen display and no matter what i try it is impossible to use.. its acting like the android versions have been doing for the past months Arrrrrrrh!
this os on the P4 and P4p

I think GO 4 is growing beyond what the current tablets/phones can handle. Time for an Apple iPad Pro 10.5" with the faster A10X processor. Fwiw, same here even with the Air 2 which isn't even a year old yet...ugh!

I'm beginning to think they write the bloated GO 4 app on a full-blown gamer's super-fast computer, and then port it to a tablet/phone and then wonder why it doesn't work? Silly app is almost a GB in size which is a lot for a handheld.

Reactions: chris digata
Update: Problem fixed (well for DJI anyway) the new Go 4app v4.1.2 does not work with a HDMI module and i had to remove it from the phantoms for them to work with the updated app..

I think GO 4 is growing beyond what the current tablets/phones can handle. Time for an Apple iPad Pro 10.5" with the faster A10X processor. Fwiw, same here even with the Air 2 which isn't even a year old yet...ugh!

I'm beginning to think they write the bloated GO 4 app on a full-blown gamer's super-fast computer, and then port it to a tablet/phone and then wonder why it doesn't work? Silly app is almost a GB in size which is a lot for a handheld.
Next we will see a different app for each type of aircraft but maybe that wont work...

Update: Problem fixed (well for DJI anyway) the new Go 4app v4.1.2 does not work with a HDMI module and i had to remove it from the phantoms for them to work with the updated app..

Interesting.

I pulled out my Royale Moons FPV and plugged them into the HDMI and they still work as does the video on the Air 2+cellular. The Moons have a separate battery-powered computer with a HD in it driving them so I don't know if that is part of it. I will admit the Air 2 does begin to break up about 1-2% of the time now too on the iPad Air 2's screen, but it did that even without the HDMI module with the P4. Version is 4.1.2 and the RC is 1.80 and all shows "Current."

I'm running the latest iOS 4.1.2 app and HDMI is still fine running fatshark v2 and also running the latest P4 firmware. My problem is the drop in speed in P-GPS, S mode seems normal but couldn't get past 30 kph in little or no wind. I am thinking of buying a dedicated tablet as I suspect that my current iPhone 6+ is soon going to struggle with the current and future size of the go4 app and all the additional processing that may come along with it.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik