GL300F vs GL300E controller (battery/motherboard issues)

Reaction score
Hi,
I have a P4P that I bought used on ebay about a year ago. I love the drone, but the controller (a GL300F) recently isn't charging to full capacity and usually stops charging around 20-60%, but its different every time. I looked around on the internet to see if I could fix this problem, and found that reflowing the motherboard was an option (I assume the warranty expired/doesn't apply as I bought it used, so I can't send it to DJI). I tried reflowing twice, to no effect.

Long story short, I'm in the market for a new controller, and I know the P4P is compatible with the GL300F and E, however I've seen online that the GL300F seems to have widespread battery failures/problems similar to what's happened in mine. Does anyone know if the GL300E also known for these problems? I'm willing to spend extra money to get a GL300E to replace my current controller (GL300F), but only if I know the battery/motherboard won't give out as it seems to do on the GL300F.

Thanks!

Never had problems with several of both. Never left sitting for long times. If you have a couple weeks, send it to DJI. They fix RC’s cheaper than anyone, usually around $100 for charging problems. Better than used and many here have done that successfully. Good luck.

Hi,
I have a P4P that I bought used on ebay about a year ago. I love the drone, but the controller (a GL300F) recently isn't charging to full capacity and usually stops charging around 20-60%, but its different every time. I looked around on the internet to see if I could fix this problem, and found that reflowing the motherboard was an option (I assume the warranty expired/doesn't apply as I bought it used, so I can't send it to DJI). I tried reflowing twice, to no effect.

Long story short, I'm in the market for a new controller, and I know the P4P is compatible with the GL300F and E, however I've seen online that the GL300F seems to have widespread battery failures/problems similar to what's happened in mine. Does anyone know if the GL300E also known for these problems? I'm willing to spend extra money to get a GL300E to replace my current controller (GL300F), but only if I know the battery/motherboard won't give out as it seems to do on the GL300F.

Thanks!
Replace the internal battery.

Never had problems with several of both. Never left sitting for long times. If you have a couple weeks, send it to DJI. They fix RC’s cheaper than anyone, usually around $100 for charging problems. Better than used and many here have done that successfully. Good luck.
Thanks for the insight! I'll look into it.

It's a common problem, DJI is aware of it, which is why they will accept a repair ticket and send you a new controller. This is what I did after several attempts at reflowing which lasted a short while and then I was back to a controller that would charge to 76% but would be dead after flying 3 batts. I did check the battery and it had the proper voltage so that wasn't the issue. My controller was beat up with crack in the corner and they still replaced it for $90.

It's a common problem, DJI is aware of it, which is why they will accept a repair ticket and send you a new controller. This is what I did after several attempts at reflowing which lasted a short while and then I was back to a controller that would charge to 76% but would be dead after flying 3 batts. I did check the battery and it had the proper voltage so that wasn't the issue. My controller was beat up with crack in the corner and they still replaced it for $90.
Thanks for letting me know! I've officially sent it to DJI.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BoguSlav