Gimble Tilt when making turns on Phantom 4 Pro

Reaction score
First post here. I am a fairly new pilot but have flown quite a bit since Summer. The Camera on my P4P Tilts to the right when turning left and visa versa. This is opposite from FPV mode.
Everything else is spot on with being straight. The Gimble takes a few seconds to go level back up after the turn. I have done the Gimble and IMU Calibrations quite a few times. I do not use the Drone for many Video shots so have not had a huge need to deal with it. I use the drone mostly for mapping. However, there are times when I have the need for it.

Attachments

• Oct3 Kingswood Park Sphere (18).JPG
    Oct3 Kingswood Park Sphere (18).JPG
    8 MB · Views: 202
I am not sure. I have no reason to think that. It seems very consistent. The Roll is very smooth so it seems like software to me

First post here. I am a fairly new pilot but have flown quite a bit since Summer. The Camera on my P4P Tilts to the right when turning left and visa versa. This is opposite from FPV mode.
Everything else is spot on with being straight. The Gimble takes a few seconds to go level back up after the turn. I have done the Gimble and IMU Calibrations quite a few times. I do not use the Drone for many Video shots so have not had a huge need to deal with it. I use the drone mostly for mapping. However, there are times when I have the need for it.
The drifting horizon (tilts in the direction of rotation) or the tilted horizon (static tilt of a few degrees) has been an issue plaguing DJI across several models.

Of course, those who don't suffer from the tilt issue tend to correctly suggest a calibration of the gimbal and/or the IMU. In the case of a static tilt, another suggestion is a gimbal roll adjustment. Those who do suffer these tilt issues know that those standard suggestions don't help or perhaps only help for a single flight and then it goes right back to a drifting or a tilted horizon. Of course when so many units are sold worldwide, most will be fine but some are bound to have issues like these.

My first P3A suffered from the drifting horizon. It was maddening. I would yaw and the horizon tilted in that direction but would slowly recover once I stopped. I had a level horizon otherwise. It was just a problem when yawing. If I went really slowly it was less noticeable but still there. No amount of calibrations or adjustments ever helped. That seems to the be #1 symptom of the drifting tilt issues. Like others, I found no way to correct it so I just bought a new one and got lucky with the second one. That was back in 2015 and even these years later we still see people comment on drifting (or tilted) horizon issues across all models. I don't know if it's only DJI or if the issue is across brands.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20