Gimbal wont center and does awkward motions

Reaction score
Hello, all!

I have been a Phantom 3 user for a couple of months now. I originally got the Standard which had issues (hardware related), then got the Advance and had issues (Best Buy related), so they gave me the Pro for the price of the Standard. Anyway on the Advance and the Standard the gimbal worked exactly how I thought it would, however, I have been having issues with the Pro.

Starters I cannot get the gimbal centered, it is always looking slightly to the left. Which isn't a huge deal, but it is hard to get the shots I want. I have tried recalibrating the compass and gimbal in the DJI app, but that didn't work. What should my next course of action be?

Now for the more annoying things. The gimbal has a very hard time centering itself after everything besides vertical gimbal movements. If I rotate the gimbal has a significant delay before it pans to where it thinks it is center, which isn't really the center anyway.

Whenever I move left and right with the drone the gimbal doesn't stay horizontal with the horizon, it tilts making the shot crooked. Whenever I bring the drone to a hover, the shot will be crooked, but sometimes it will very slowly make itself horizontal with the horizon. Also super annoying.

Last but not least, the gimbal doesn't look as far upwards as much as the Standard and Advance. It won't even reach parallel with the ground. I can't get the blades into the shot if it tried, that is how far down it looks. This isn't too big of a deal but is still super annoying when trying to get the right shots.

I hope you guys can help, thank you!

bump, I am filming some stuff for the city today and would really like to get this resolved.

Know that you have had experience with several phantom versions, but let me ask a basic question. Did you remove the small piece of white foam in the back of the gimbal?

And after calibrating the imu go on and calibrate the gimbal too.

Know that you have had experience with several phantom versions, but let me ask a basic question. Did you remove the small piece of white foam in the back of the gimbal?
I do not see a piece of white foam, anyway you can provide a picture of where it should be?

I do not see a piece of white foam, anyway you can provide a picture of where it should be?
Sorry, don't have a picture right now, but it would be at the back of the gimbal opposite the camera. It's about 1 inch square.

Sorry, don't have a picture right now, but it would be at the back of the gimbal opposite the camera. It's about 1 inch square.
It's all good, I can't find any foam. Here is a picture of the gimbal after the IMU calibration: http://i.imgur.com/KHSE0om.jpg I ran the gimbal calibration soon after I took the photo and it seems that the vertical issue is solved, still off center though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20