Gimbal tilts when P2 is rotated around Z-axis

Received shipping info from DJI today. All in all, about 3 weeks from first contact to having it shipped back. If it works, I'll be happy and consider that pretty good service!

Repaired gimbal arrived today. New lower bracket and servos work great. Only got a quick test flight because the mosquitos were out. It's worlds better than the H3-2D!

Ordered the pin connector that works with the Hero bus output and will replace that this week (Amazon Prime FTW!)

Oh, and looks like I need the interference board. Got constant horizontal lines while flying, even with the directional patch antenna. Didn't get the same lines with the H3-2D. Only difference is I upgraded to a "plug and play" cable for the iOSD Mini and Immersion transmitter, and the H3-3D. Everything else is the same from the mounting location to the antennas.

Attachments

• LakeDistrict.jpg
    LakeDistrict.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 293
Didn't you get a interference board with the h3-3d? The best place to mount it is over the RC receiver board.

Got the H3-3D used with the purchase of a crashed P2. It did not have one installed and did not have one in the box. It's definitely necessary, though. It's only $20. However, after fixing up the crashed one, here's how I came out.

Purchased: -$450

Sold Fatshark goggles: +$200
Bought P2 shell new: -$60
Bought new propellers: -$10 (one pair for $7, one pair for $3)
Installed H3-2D on new shell: Free
Sold "refreshed" P2 (with H3-2D & GoPro Hero 3 White): +$600
Sold extra iOSD Mini and Immersion 600mw: +$60
Repair H3-3D that came with crashed P2: -$147
Added GPS booster: -$15
Added Plug & Play cable: -$20
Ordered Hero bus adapter: -$20
New decals: -$20
Died props blue: -$5
Upgraded compass: -$15

So at the end of the day, went from a P2 with H3-2D with one battery, to P2 with H3-3D with two batteries, along with several other upgrades, and also wound up with an extra $113. Filled my gas tank, bought a few nice 22oz bombers of good beers, and took my girlfriend out to dinner for putting up with my "drone stuff" all over the kitchen table for a month. So yeah, $20 for the board still puts me ahead on the build, lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj