Gimbal slightly points to left (but has level horizon)

Reaction score
Hey,
Thanks for all of the help so far. Reading these threads have saved me a ton of time. I couldn't find an answer to my exact problem, though.

The gimbal on my P3P points slightly to the left. This wouldn't be a big deal, but in flight it catches the left arm and landing gear pretty often - even on gentle turns - and ruins any video. I've done a full IMU calibration followed by the gimbal calibration to no avail. The horizon is level, but it still points to the left. Is there anyway to tell it to look a few degrees to the right at all times or something along those lines?

I have a picture showing how much farther left it looks than right (this is with the 15 degree extension turned on and pointed 100% up to illustrate the issue) but I can't get it to upload from work. You can clearly see the left arm and all 4 screw housings underneath (with the 2 leftmost housings about 80% in the shot). The right arm is not in the picture at all.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Sorry to bump my own post, but I'm home and am able to upload the picture. As you can see, the left arm is clearly in the picture while the right isn't. This causes it to catch the left landing gear in video pretty easily. Any suggestions beyond the IMU/Gimbal calibration I've tried already?

Attachments

• unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 333
Sorry to bump my own post, but I'm home and am able to upload the picture. As you can see, the left arm is clearly in the picture while the right isn't. This causes it to catch the left landing gear in video pretty easily. Any suggestions beyond the IMU/Gimbal calibration I've tried already?

I noticed this problem as well, mine would actually pan left and right randomly. The gimbal calibration seemed to fix my problem. Have you also calibrated the compass? Not sure if that has anything at all to do with this issue, but worth a shot.

I recently added a Phantom Vision 2+. All is good, but in flight with the camera pointing slightly down the camera is slightly catching the left "front part" of my skid. The camera works properly, with not messages. Is there an adjustment to get it straight (slightly to the right)? Thanks

I researched this for weeks and tried everything from calibration to gimbal screw tightening and /or adjustment. It always went back. So if your screw on the gimbal arm is tightened firmly on the flat side of the post then I refer to you a much more experienced member here who explained that the entire fixture screwed into the plastic is not centered perfectly. Its anoying as hell I know.
If anyone has found a fix beyond what I have tried above I would love to hear it too.

Did anyone found a solution for this? mine is also skewed to my left (when facing my P3 standard). need help. thanks!

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic