Gimbal Reset on Record or Snapshot

Reaction score
Hello, everyone!

So I purchased a lightly crashed P3A, the seller claimed that the bird fell from 10ft and broke the yaw arm. I went over everything and there was no damage done to the body but the yaw arm had snapped along with the ribbon cable.

I inspected all the gimbal PCBs for damage, replaced the yaw arm and ribbon. After doing the repairs I updated the firmware to latest and calibrated the IMU and Gimbal. I also verified that the ribbon cables going from the main board to the gimbal and vision module were not damaged and fully seated.

Took it on a first flight and it works perfectly, flies smooth and I get a great video feed. I can also control the camera completely including changing the f-stop and other settings. I can also format the SD card from the app as well.

The last issue I'm working through is that when I click capture or record I get a no signal message on the screen and the light on the front of the gimbal goes out and then starts flashing green like the gimbal rebooted. After about 10 seconds the image comes back but nothing ever gets recorded. I checked the hidden folders on the SD card and the only log message was that the firmware update was successful.

Thanks for any suggestions

What SD card are you using. If it's lower then class 10 and your shooting 2.4k/60 FPS then the card may not be powerful enough. Try to lower it to 1080p and see if that helps

Neon Euc

Thanks for the reply, I am currently using one of these cards http://amzn.to/2kAvYSg but I also tried the original 16gb that came with the unit. Same result, also tried reformatting them in the app, which they do complete successfully.

Know you said that you did it, but do another very careful inspection of all the cables (may want to open the shell too) and make sure that there is no, even minor, damage to any of the wires, pins or connectors.
and just to clarify, you don't change the f stop in the A, its fixed. What you do control is the shutter speed.

Thanks for the suggestion, pulled the top cover off this morning and re-seated and inspected all the connectors. I pulled the back off of the camera and re-seated that along with the primary ribbon connection. next to the yaw arm.

Now one thing I noticed is that after I press the shutter button and the gimbal reboots I get a d-dd sound coming from the gimbal is that the normal startup sequence?

Thanks for the suggestion, pulled the top cover off this morning and re-seated and inspected all the connectors. I pulled the back off of the camera and re-seated that along with the primary ribbon connection. next to the yaw arm.

Now one thing I noticed is that after I press the shutter button and the gimbal reboots I get a d-dd sound coming from the gimbal is that the normal startup sequence?
No, I'm afraid that you have a real problem in get camera. SRI couldn't be more help.

Hmm, I wish there was a bit more diagnostic data on these birds. I'll keep digging.

So going over the board again I found one missing part, does anyone have a gimbal board they could take a picture of or even better to check that part with a multimeter to find out if it's a resistor or a cap? My suspicion is that it's a decoupling cap.

yQOWxiI.jpg

Amazing that any crash that would jar loose a surface mounted component didn't do more external damage! Had to have been a bad solder joint. Too bad you aren't the original owner, probably a warranty repair.

Well my thought is that since that is right near the yaw arm shaft it was probably a piece of plastic or something that came down and cracked the part off the board.

If I can figure out what it was I can just resolder it and see if that helps the issue at all.

Did you find any solution? I have the same problem but I have no idea if the capacitor is in its position
I will check
thinks!

hi quaddamage

I tell you to connect the Uart to the U0 pins and Open Teraterm and I get the attached file, it remains in that loop, but I'm too new to interpret if it is correct what it returns, what do you think?
PS: Should I create a new topic?

thanks for your help

Attachments

• debug ambarela without update firmware.txt
    22.6 KB · Views: 218
It doesn't look like you're getting a reboot on pushing shutter, so a new topic would probably be better.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31