Gimbal not quite level- Need advice

I think you are right about the iPhone. 1.0.37 is the version I have also. The "about" screen doesn't give us the ability to update it. Guessing it has to go through Apple to become approved before we can download it.

can anyone guestimate how much damage is being caused if i forget to take the Plastic gimbal protector off and it starts to make noise. it's really either no damage at all, or it will cause problems over time. I keep forgetting smh. thats not like me but its happening.

neoneo said:
can anyone guestimate how much damage is being caused if i forget to take the Plastic gimbal protector off and it starts to make noise. it's really either no damage at all, or it will cause problems over time. I keep forgetting smh. thats not like me but its happening.

This is just a guess.
None, I have noticed that if pressure placed on the gimbal it shuts off and goes limp for a while then tries again. I imagine that the plastic component holding the gimbal still would cause a similar reaction.

I am however just guessing.

ResevorDG said:
neoneo said:

This is just a guess.
None, I have noticed that if pressure placed on the gimbal it shuts off and goes limp for a while then tries again. I imagine that the plastic component holding the gimbal still would cause a similar reaction.

I am however just guessing.

either way i like your answer :D

neoneo said:

I would not allow it to sit there powered on for long periods of time with the gimbal lock installed, but for a brief period I do not believe it will harm your gimbal.

Dirty Bird said:
neoneo said:

I would not allow it to sit there powered on for long periods of time with the gimbal lock installed, but for a brief period I do not believe it will harm your gimbal.

should i power cycle to reset the system when i finally do realize and take it off or would that not make a difference.

neoneo said:
should i power cycle to reset the system when i finally do realize and take it off or would that not make a difference.

I would suggest yes as the gimbal is testing itself and its stepper motors when it does that little dance on initialization.

So I guess there's still no solution to the crooked gimbal issue? A simple gimbal reset/calibration would probably do the trick but it doesn't seem like anyone, including DJI, has figured out how to do it.

Also, even in NAZA-M mode, my assistant program for Mac still doesn't show a tab under the "Advanced" section for "Gimbal". It disappears as soon as I turn on my P2V+.

perhaps we have a plague? My V+ gimbal also started to be just a tad out of level. I'm not sure what caused it, but it is a little annoying. I would think there would be an easy way to re-set it or calibrate it, but no one seems to have found that. I'll try the NAZA-M assistant next I guess.

neoneo said:

I was paranoid about that happening (being an old gent I forget stuff) any way I got some sticky back fluorescent paper (orange) put one piece in view on the gimbal protector, then put another small strip just inside the battery compartment, so, everytime I go to put the battery in, I see the orange strip and check I have removed the gimbal protector, works for me!

jaykay2PT said:
Pull_Up said:
Take a leaf out of the full-scale guys and dangle one of these off it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remove-Warning- ... pd_cp_sg_0

Mine says "Remove before power up",
I felt that was a better option, given the gimbals do a little dance on power up.

Whatever works is what counts. I was being a little tongue in cheek with the keyring as I used to have a full size one of those covering my pitot tube when I used to fly. Nostalgia! :)

Pull_Up said:
jaykay2PT said:
Pull_Up said:
Take a leaf out of the full-scale guys and dangle one of these off it: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Remove-Warning- ... pd_cp_sg_0

Mine says "Remove before power up",
I felt that was a better option, given the gimbals do a little dance on power up.

Whatever works is what counts. I was being a little tongue in cheek with the keyring as I used to have a full size one of those covering my pitot tube when I used to fly. Nostalgia! :)

Yes we had something similar on the English Electric Lightning MkIII

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl