Gimbal not quite level- Need advice

I usually start recording just before I start the motors up. My camera sits straight, and defaults to about a 45 degree down angle. I notice when the motors fire up, the gimbal always does a little side-to-side movement, like it is centering itself.

Thanks for the info Dirty, will monitor it today. I will report back on that.

Thanks,

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I can also report that after putting my P2V+ in NAZA-M mode in an attempt to straighten my gimbal a bit, it has actually gotten worse. Now in every picture the landing gear can be seen on the left side of the pic. In PHANTOM mode, all of the pictures were straight forward but tilted to the left side. Now the camera has turned to the left and is still tilted left. I'm putting it back in PHANTOM mode. It flew better in PHANTOM mode anyways. NAZA-M mode moves it around in a bigger area when trying to hover with GPS lock. Sucks though cause I like using my S1 and S2 switches.

I reinstalled all firmware and did an advanced calibration. For whatever reason it realigned itself and is working fine now.

jwide said:
I reinstalled all firmware and did an advanced calibration. For whatever reason it realigned itself and is working fine now.

I reinstalled the firmware too but I haven't done the advanced calibration. I thought the advanced calibration was for flight related stuff only. I'll give it a try.

When you say that you re-installed the firmware, witch one are you talking about:

Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System or Phantom 2 Vision Central Board???

Here's a picture showing the left alignment of the gimbal on mine. You can see it in the shots if I go forward or turn left very quickly:

thanks guys,

Attachments

• Camera_Off.jpg
    Camera_Off.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 422
ResevorDG said:
DrJoe said:
Well, I updated the firmware back to 3.0 from 1.08, did an advanced IMU calibration, and then re-downgraded back to 1.08. Now its level again. Huh.

Thanks for posting the solution. I am upgrading from the P2V to the Plus and mine comes arrives in two days. I also plan to run V. 1.08 so I may also have this problem.

May I ask where you bought yours? Getting ready to order one. Also in phoenix.
phaz

r0ot5 said:
When you say that you re-installed the firmware, witch one are you talking about:

Phantom 2 Vision Autopilot System or Phantom 2 Vision Central Board???

Here's a picture showing the left alignment of the gimbal on mine. You can see it in the shots if I go forward or turn left very quickly:

thanks guys,

I went into the assistant software and just went down the list. I think there was 3 or 4 in total.

phaz said:
ResevorDG said:
DrJoe said:
Well, I updated the firmware back to 3.0 from 1.08, did an advanced IMU calibration, and then re-downgraded back to 1.08. Now its level again. Huh.

Thanks for posting the solution. I am upgrading from the P2V to the Plus and mine comes arrives in two days. I also plan to run V. 1.08 so I may also have this problem.

May I ask where you bought yours? Getting ready to order one. Also in phoenix.
phaz

Got mine from an amazon vendor named red rock. Good fast shipping.
Right now I'm running software v3 but I keep 1.08 handy incase I need to fly in a no fly zone.
Yes I know about safety. I am also a pilot and have an air band radio and know how to to call atc for permission in advance.

Thanks will get mine delivered from b&h photo tomorrow.
phaz

I am in peoria just wondering if anybody gets together to fly these. Not even sure 2 people can fly at once without interference.

So after speaking with DJI via email this is what they had me do:
Firmware update.
install R/C assistant software, open controller, connect to hidden USB inside controller, calibrate.
Sometimes its straght, sometimes its off 3-4 degrees. Drives me nuts.
DJI then offered to have the gimbal "calibrated" by the factory. 4-6 weeks of down time. I told them, no thanks. Maybe dumb if it gets worse, but I'm addicted right now.

denofr said:
check all the plugs leading to the camera, one might be loose.
I have had the same problem, but fixes by powering everything off and on again... good luck... Let us know what happens.

neoneo said:
I'm on hold with dji.com right now. 15 minutes in smh. if it weren't raining outside i'd be pissed. BIG TIME!

scary scary scary! after a LONG time on hold the want me to send it back. as a last resort i tried upgrading the app to 1.0.40 and IT WORK! Yay. thank you guys for the help. if you see anyone with this problem let them know.

ps has anyone noticed that putting on the gimbal plastic protection thingy seems like its pushing downward a little too much. like something might break?

neoneo said:
neoneo said:
I'm on hold with dji.com right now. 15 minutes in smh. if it weren't raining outside i'd be pissed. BIG TIME!

scary scary scary! after a LONG time on hold the want me to send it back. as a last resort i tried upgrading the app to 1.0.40 and IT WORK! Yay. thank you guys for the help. if you see anyone with this problem let them know.

ps has anyone noticed that putting on the gimbal plastic protection thingy seems like its pushing downward a little too much. like something might break?

It does seem like the plastic protector puts some pressure on the gimbal but it also came with it, so....

neoneo said:
neoneo said:

Where did you get 1.0.40? All I see on the app store is 1.0.37.

ResevorDG said:
neoneo said:
neoneo said:

Where did you get 1.0.40? All I see on the app store is 1.0.37.

I'm using a galaxy s4. the update is on the normal google play. idk about an iPhone. i think their numbers are different.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl