Gimbal Motor Overload

Reaction score
I get this error message before even taking off. The message "ready to take off" and "gimbal motor overload" flash one right after the other. I am able to take it up but afraid to fly. Any suggestions besides update firmware. All updated.
Thanks.
Should have mentioned that there's nothing obstructing the gimbal. It moves just fine.

Last edited:
I get this message occasionally on my P4P....make sure when you start up your Phantom, that it is on a flat surface.....grass isn't always a good place, because the blades of grass hinder the camera movements during IMU initialization...this can cause the camera to continue to adjust and cause that error. this is just my experience, there maybe other suggestions as well, good luck

I get this message occasionally on my P4P....make sure when you start up your Phantom, that it is on a flat surface.....grass isn't always a good place, because the blades of grass hinder the camera movements during IMU initialization...this can cause the camera to continue to adjust and cause that error. this is just my experience, there maybe other suggestions as well, good luck

Thanks for the info. It's not on grass. It flashes that message when taking off and hovering. It's never constant though.

I don't have a P4 so I can't speak to that. It just sounds like a loose wire due to the intermittent nature of the error

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20