Gimbal Mid Air reset after firmware

Reaction score
Hi,

Recently flew test flight with new latest firmware and soon after launch the gimbal decided to drop then re-boot mid air. It did this several times on different batteries. The P4 flew very responsive but video cutting out and gimbal re-boot not good at all.

Came back and tried to downgrade the firmware to the previous firmware but to no avail this just gave me a "Gimbal Joint Initialization Error" and have ended up re-installing the latest firmware.

Anyone have any advice. I asked DJI and they have suggested returning the P4 which means loosing it for weeks.

have you updated the controller and then tried a resyncing it to the drone ?

I updated the controller firmware after I did the drone initially. Do you think it it linked to the gimbal issue and i should re-pair both?

yes, some have fixed this re-paring, pity you did not visit the forum before updating, this latest "DOWNGRADE" or firmware update as they like to call it is a total nightmare.

Reactions: RedDragon
yes, some have fixed this re-paring, pity you did not visit the forum before updating, this latest "DOWNGRADE" or firmware update as they like to call it is a total nightmare.
Ok will try that, thank you.

Yes, I am kicking myself that I just accepted the firmware without reading about the problems here first.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Johnboy94