Gimbal main board VS OFDM module

Reaction score
Hi,

I have P3 Adv which had a crash and now there is no live streamining from the drone to my phone(S8+).
The gimble works fine, camera takes photos/videos, but there is no live streaming to the phone.
I suspect the one of the modules is broken (Gimbal main board OR OFDM module).

Which part is responsible for video transmission?

Thanks Alot!

Both.... do you have telemetry in the go app? If so probably the top gimble board. Video signal goes from there to OFDM board (above VPS) via USB... the. It’s obvious problem is the gimble to OFDM cable but I’m guessing you have had a good fiddle with that.

On go app, the HD indicator is full, meaning the drone camera signal is transmitted just fine.
Is it means that the OFDM module is ok and probably the gimble board is malfunctioned?

I don’t know if you can safely assume the camera signal is being transmitted. I was interested in if you are getting telemetry displayed (this is encoded by OFDM) board. If yes suspect camera.

I can take photos/video with the camera from the remote control/go app, but in order to see them I need to plug the SD card into computer.
I do get distance from proximity sensor, camera exposure, channels in HD menu seems to get transmissions.
Also I do get camera histogram perfectly.

Last edited:
Hi,

attaching a photo of my phone, HD indicator is fully receiving the signal from the drone.
Does it mean the OFDM board is working fine and the issue is probably the gimbal board?

Thanks

Attachments

• 100320m10srocccynss0cq.png
    100320m10srocccynss0cq.png
    366.2 KB · Views: 411
Telemetry seems to be ok, right?
regarding #4, if the camera takes photos/videos, it reflect that the camera ok, isn't it?
Not necessarily... you might also say if telemetry can be encoded in the downlink the OFDM board is ok... As I suggested in the first instance, I would be having a really good look at the cabling and connectors. The OFDM board connector is notorious for being destroyed with even a minor crash. It doesn’t take much.

Reactions: Elsh1
Not necessarily... you might also say if telemetry can be encoded in the downlink the OFDM board is ok... As I suggested in the first instance, I would be having a really good look at the cabling and connectors. The OFDM board connector is notorious for being destroyed with even a minor crash. It doesn’t take much.

Thanks a lot for the support.
I will try replacing the ribbon cable first, hopefully it will solve it :\

Reactions: MerckxBh
Do you solve the problem?
Even if he did, there is no reason to assume you have the same cause.

The drone consists of modules which talk to each other. They are like separate computers linked into a network.
Do something which will ask all modules for something, ie. FW version. Check if all responded. If any module didn't respond - it is your culprit, it either doesn't boot or is disconnected from the rest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers