Gimbal lock phantom 4 advance

Reaction score
Ok I have two question. I broke the gimbal lock for my p4 advance and so far all I can find is for p4 pro and p4 pro plus. Will that work on the advance? 2nd question is a gimbal lock necessary? Havnt been able to find an answer to that.

I don't have an Advance but since it is the same camera as the P4P then the gimbal lock from the P4P should work fine. Just don't use a gimbal lock from the P4S.

As to whether or not to use one, my answer is always absolutely! You should not be storing or transporting your P4 without the gimbal lock in place.

Thanks I always thought it was best to use the gimbal lock when not flying. I hope mine holds good since one arm got broke until i can get a new one

I use both types Gimbal locks, on my phantoms. The one with two arms that comes from DJI, for traveling, and then a snap on, aftermarket, one for every day use. And as stated earlier, everything camera wise, is the same on my advanced and pro. Please use one and have fun flying.

I use this one from PGYTECH. I bought three brands, and returned two of them. The worst, for me, was polar pro, as I was afraid it would damage the gimbal. I’ve bought this one for the adv and pro. Yes it is scratched on the front from taking it in and out of the DJI foam case. It does it’s job well.
5641671C-3B13-4F4F-9E6A-A59D72494838.jpeg

My personal solution to this is more simple. In the original case I put a soft sponge below the gimbal just to gently touch the gimbal and the camera so it can't move while I drive it in the car. So I don't need to put gimbal lock every time when I use the drone. Those putting on and off frequently is not good for the gimbal for sure.

My personal solution to this is more simple. In the original case I put a soft sponge below the gimbal just to gently touch the gimbal and the camera so it can't move while I drive it in the car. So I don't need to put gimbal lock every time when I use the drone. Those putting on and off frequently is not good for the gimbal for sure.
I disagree. Putting on (properly) the stock P4 gimbal lock does not damage the gimbal. On the other hand, not using it even while just carrying it by hand, or removing it from the case could cause damage.

Also, the gimbal bushing of the P4 should not be compressed. If your sponge pushes the camera assembly too far up into the drone, it could do more harm than good.

I use this one from PGYTECH. I bought three brands, and returned two of them. The worst, for me, was polar pro, as I was afraid it would damage the gimbal. I’ve bought this one for the adv and pro. Yes it is scratched on the front from taking it in and out of the DJI foam case. It does it’s job well.View attachment 113108
Totally agree on the Polar Pro. So many seem to rave about how easy it is to use. I tried it and hated it. Always seemed that it was not sitting properly. The stock DJI gimbal lock works perfectly for me.

Reactions: Capt KO
I disagree. Putting on (properly) the stock P4 gimbal lock does not damage the gimbal. On the other hand, not using it even while just carrying it by hand, or removing it from the case could cause damage.

Also, the gimbal bushing of the P4 should not be compressed. If your sponge pushes the camera assembly too far up into the drone, it could do more harm than good.

Where did you get that? I used the drone without any attachments for years with no issues.
And I said - only 'slight touch' no elevation or pushing up the camera. Only to disable free movements in the same way as the gimbal lockers do.
Pilots not so rarely forget to remove lockers before the flight and that's really bad for the gimbal.

The way how I do it is easy and this is just to inform the public here of one possibility. Everyone can do it by the locker attachment if he or she like it.

I use this one from PGYTECH. I bought three brands, and returned two of them. The worst, for me, was polar pro, as I was afraid it would damage the gimbal. I’ve bought this one for the adv and pro. Yes it is scratched on the front from taking it in and out of the DJI foam case. It does it’s job well.View attachment 113108

Wondering about the black material you have on the upper part of each leg, functional or fashionable?

My Polar Pro gimbal lock works fine on my P4S.
That seems to be the consensus on the standard but they screwed up enlarging it for the pro and advanced. It was terrible taking on and off and didn't hold the camera well at all. at least with Amazon I could buy a few and try them and return what I didn't want. Glad yours works. Fly safe

Reactions: PhantomFandom

I just received the Pgytech gimbal lock that you suggested. It seams easy to use and fits better in my back pack then the normal gimbal lock,, thanks for the advice

Reactions: Capt KO

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj