Gimbal LED flashes green, no movement?

Reaction score
Hi there I purchased a used P3 advanced that had a hard landing and the gimbal is not working (no image, no movement). Upon power up the gimbal LED flashes green but the gimbal doesn't move at all, then after about 10 seconds the LED goes out, and it seems to repeat this process. I'm wondering if a correctly functioning gimbal mainboard behaves this way when there is no ribbon cable attached to it? If so, it suggests my gimbal main board might be okay and the problem is elsewhere. Thanks!

For anyone reading this in the future, it seems that a gimbal mainboard + functioning camera is the minimum hardware needed to get the gimbal LED to turn solid green, i.e. no requirement to have the roll/pitch connectors attached. My problem was due to (a) a faulty image sensor (a short circuit within the CMOS image sensor itself) and (b) a cheap and nasty aftermarket gimbal ribbon cable (the "no movement" symptom). I can't help but wonder if (b) may have caused issue (a)!

I have a problem with image transmission signal on my Phantom 3 advanced. The green LED starts flashing on my gimble board, over and over again. Could the problem be in the flex cable that connects the board and the camera? Has anyone tried whether the gimbal can start normally if it is not connected to the camera and all the motors?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jody.paugh@fullerandsons.