"Gimbal disconnected" message in DJI Go app

Reaction score
Hi all,
I have been trying to figure out an issue all day with my P3P.

I have not flown it in the winter months and I was going to start flying again now. However, I booted up the transmitter and drone today and the Go app says "Gimbal status Gimbal disconnected". The LED on the front of the gimbal platform also doesn't light up as it should. I also realised there was a firmware update available so I decided to try that to see if the problem would be resolved. This issue also means that the SD card can't be read by the P3, so it took a few boots to get the update to start. I also updated the transmitter separately.

After the update, I tried booting it again and still had the "Gimbal disconnected" message. I have two batteries so I updated the second battery too. Neither battery stops the message. Because of this issue, I also don't get a live video feed, instead the DJI logo is in the middle of the screen.

I have researched this quite a lot and looked through many forum threads and have tried a lot of the suggestions.

The suggestions I have tried are:
  • rebooting everything (mobile device, transmitter, drone, dji go app)
  • updating firmware
  • reinstalling dji go app
  • formatting SD card (both inside the drone (when it works correctly) and by putting the SD card into my pc)
  • using another SD card
  • using another mobile device
  • resetting transmitter (hold C1, C2, video and right wheel button)
  • relinking transmitter and drone
  • trying both batteries
  • doing IMU and gimbal calibrations
  • unplugging and replugging the grey ribbon cables on top of gimbal platform
  • unplugging and replugging the battery between shut down and reboot
  • checking black flat ribbon cable for damage
  • booting the drone without SD card installed
  • booting the transmitter and drone without being connected to the Go app
  • reinstalling the newest firmware version on both batteries
Something else I tried was plugging the SD card into my pc and unplugging it, then putting it back in the drone and booting. This seems to work sometimes, but it could be a coincidence.

I cannot understand how it worked completely fine before, and now after a few months of not flying it simply does not work. It has never been crashed or damaged and the black flexible ribbon cable is intact as mentioned above. However, there is a slight separation which I guess could be a cause?

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated as I am completely stumped on what to try next.

Thanks, Kieren

Last edited:
Edit: Putting the SD card in the pc and back in the drone does seem to be a coincidence as sometimes the gimbal is fine and sometimes not when I start up the drone. It seems to be completely random when it goes wrong. If it boots up fine, the gimbal will stay connected for as long as I keep the drone on. As soon as I turn it off and turn it on, it may work and it may not; it's unpredictable.

Same exact scenario here with my P3P. This happened after firmware update to v1.11.20 on aircraft,
IMG_0359.png
which did not work. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
IMG_0361.png
IMG_0361.png

Sorry about the duplicate screen shots. Can't seem to get rid of the one :(

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic