Gimbal Disconnected Issue

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with my Phantom 3 Professional that I have been unable to fix. It started a month ago when I went to fly outside my house. I noticed there was a firmware update so I decided not to fly and go ahead and update to P3X_FW_V01.10.0090. I don't know if the update got corrupted or something but afterwards, the gimbal camera would not show any video feed and the gimbal went limp after about 10 seconds. Eventually I was able to successfully complete the upgrade and the gimbal no longer went limp but still didn't show and video feed. After researching the issue I concluded that it might be the ribbon cable on the gimbal. After replacing the cable nothing changed and the gimbal still had power but no video feed. Then I began trying things like reinstalling the app, trying different SD cards, trying different usb cables for connecting my phone, and trying a different device with the DJI Go App. Another thing I am not sure about is when I go to turn off the drone, the battery power button blinks red a bunch of times before turning off (See video) which I don't remember ever happening and don't know if this is at all related. At this point I am not sure what else to try and I am also not sure if this is a firmware/software issue or a hardware issue. I can connect and operate the drone perfectly fine except I do not receive any video feed and I don't think the drone is reading the SD card because when I load firmware on the card the update log doesn't even show that it tried to update.

The Issue: Gimble says disconnected and has no video feed in my DJI Go App even though it is still powered and I can control the gimbal to move it up and down with the RC.

What I have tried:
- Different SD Card
- Downgrading RC firmware
- Replaced ribbon cable on gimble
- Checked grey cables connection to drone and gimbal
- Cleared cache files and reinstalled DJI Go App
- Tried different USB cables to connect my phone with the DJI Go App
- Tried using a different device with the DJI Go App

I am really trying to avoid having to buy a new camera/gimbal or sending it to DJI because I am a student with not much extra cash and I use it for freelance work. But with that said, I wanted to check here to see if anyone had suggestions before reaching out to DJI about trying to get the issue fixed. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks!

(Poor radio channel because I am inside, Camera backing is open in video from replacing the ribbon cable)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
ts01vFbl.png

ucwkLZHl.png

Last edited:
I unfortunately have the same issue after the firmware upgrade and have found nothing on a fix.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots

Hmm that's very interesting. That makes me think it is some sort of software or firmware issue and not hardware. Too bad you cant firmware, or at least not very easily. Nice to know it isn't just me though. Very frustrating that I can't find anyone else with this issue or anyway of fixing it.

Similar issue here. Solution for me was manually setting RF channel (13-20) to the strongest channel in each respective environment you fly in. I found the gimbal would "disconnect" near wifi sources, appliances, and buildings or more frequently when inside, but in the countryside and with manual channel selection, no issues.

Similar issue here. Solution for me was manually setting RF channel (13-20) to the strongest channel in each respective environment you fly in. I found the gimbal would "disconnect" near wifi sources, appliances, and buildings or more frequently when inside, but in the countryside and with manual channel selection, no issues.

Very interesting, I'll have to try that out even though I feel like that shouldn't be an issue. Oh DJI...

I unfortunately have the same issue after the firmware upgrade and have found nothing on a fix.

Connect your Phabtoms micro USB to your laptop and make sure it's has internet connection, had the same problem with my P3P and P3 4Kand couldn't update either and it's worked. Make sure to give it 3-4mins.

I'm having the same issues as OP. Did anyone actually find a solution? I replaced ribbon cable and it worked for one flight and is back to gimble disconnected. So frustrating!!

With the camera backing open I'm concerned you might have a connection issue. The top board (where the cable is connected) seats into the board below it with a connector. Make sure these 2 boards are connected properly. Sometimes you have to "fidget it" a bit to make sure it's seated. The back won't fit flush if these 2 boards aren't connected properly.

I was concerned about that too but after inspection everything is flush.

One thing I did notice is there was no green light on the camera assembly. This lead me to believe the P3P was having firmware issues. Using the DJI Go app I tried to see if I could select the SD card for reformatting. The app was showing no ad card was present.

I decided to plug the P3P into my computer to see if the SD card was readable. It came up as a selectable drive so I reformatted the SD card. Next I downloaded the current firmware and dropped it on the SD card. After transferring firmware I ejected the P3P from my computer and restarted the drone. Camera came right up and things have been working ever since.

I did look at the text file and it showed an abort for loading firmware since current firmware matches that in SD card.

Hope this helps everyone.

This is what I did on my phantom 3 pro and it worked.

1. Startup everything as you usually do.
2. Go into remote control setting and hit the relink remote control button.

3. These a tiny little reset/relink button on the side of the drone (Hard to find, but it's on the white square behind the gimbal, there two tiny holes)

4. Press that button (the one on the right), and it'll link the gimbal back to the remote.

Hello everyone,

I am having an issue with my Phantom 3 Professional that I have been unable to fix. It started a month ago when I went to fly outside my house. I noticed there was a firmware update so I decided not to fly and go ahead and update to P3X_FW_V01.10.0090. I don't know if the update got corrupted or something but afterwards, the gimbal camera would not show any video feed and the gimbal went limp after about 10 seconds. Eventually I was able to successfully complete the upgrade and the gimbal no longer went limp but still didn't show and video feed. After researching the issue I concluded that it might be the ribbon cable on the gimbal. After replacing the cable nothing changed and the gimbal still had power but no video feed. Then I began trying things like reinstalling the app, trying different SD cards, trying different usb cables for connecting my phone, and trying a different device with the DJI Go App. Another thing I am not sure about is when I go to turn off the drone, the battery power button blinks red a bunch of times before turning off (See video) which I don't remember ever happening and don't know if this is at all related. At this point I am not sure what else to try and I am also not sure if this is a firmware/software issue or a hardware issue. I can connect and operate the drone perfectly fine except I do not receive any video feed and I don't think the drone is reading the SD card because when I load firmware on the card the update log doesn't even show that it tried to update.

The Issue: Gimble says disconnected and has no video feed in my DJI Go App even though it is still powered and I can control the gimbal to move it up and down with the RC.

What I have tried:
- Different SD Card

I am really trying to avoid having to buy a new camera/gimbal or sending it to DJI because I am a student with not much extra cash and I use it for freelance work. But with that said, I wanted to check here to see if anyone had suggestions before reaching out to DJI about trying to get the issue fixed. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to fix it? Thanks!

(Poor radio channel because I am inside, Camera backing is open in video from replacing the ribbon cable)
ts01vFbl.png

ucwkLZHl.png

Reactions: ChristoHD
"Disconnected" problem solved! That tiny unlabelled "re-link" button saved the day for me. Now the P3P flies pretty much normally. Thank you so much!
However, since the latest updates, now the video image is only partial and very broken. And there is a warning: "mobile device CPU fully loaded."
So the drone is unusable, due to image freezing, breaking up, and constantly dropping out.
Any ideas welcome!

heres is the solution i have the same problem and this video works for me

check this work for me

Hello everyone,

What I have tried:
- Different SD Card

ts01vFbl.png

ucwkLZHl.png

Hi Pnyeguy I did have the same issue that u just described and I solved it by replacing the ribbon flex cable with an Original DJI one.

Last edited:
Hey guys, did the original poster ever fix this? What he describes is identical to my issue:

1. Gimbal motors are fine, have control of pitch via rc.
2. No green light on front of gimbal
3. No video feed
4. No SD card being seen in app
5. No firmware upgrading as card not seen

Tried re-connencting rc and p3p in app and using small button on side of p3p. No change.

I would try the ribbon cable fix but original poster said it made no difference... unless he used non genuine!?

Attachments

• IMG_0154.PNG
    IMG_0154.PNG
    573.1 KB · Views: 1,361
  • IMG_0153.PNG
    IMG_0153.PNG
    264.4 KB · Views: 1,508
  • IMG_0152.PNG
    IMG_0152.PNG
    454.1 KB · Views: 815
  • IMG_0151.PNG
    IMG_0151.PNG
    845.4 KB · Views: 1,185
I have a Phantom 3 Professional that when its on give me a D-D, D-D beeping, tried to install latest firmware and didn't take. On the app it shows that the gimbal is disconnected. For a while I had no image coming from the camera but I now have video transmission but no gimbal control. Also when I try to turn off the drone the red light stays on until I cycle the battery off again. Now my camera moves randomly on its own. Please help.

Hello everyone,

What I have tried:
- Different SD Card

ts01vFbl.png

ucwkLZHl.png
Did you ever fix this? I'm having the same exact issue after firmware upgrade and I thought it may have been the DJI go app, so I deleted it and reinstalled it, now it doesnt even connect to the controller. I think it's DJI's app. I also tried the GO 4 app and that will connect to my RC but not to aircraft or gimball.
I have P3 Advanced.
I tried to downgrade my firmware, no effect.
I tried relinking my RC and aircraft about 10 times, fails.
I get no camera and no connection from RC to bird.
Formatted the sd card a hundred times, tried to force VX1.09 instead of 1.11 firmware, doesnt matter.
I'm so pissed, I dont want to ship back to DJI because I know they'll try and say it's not their fault and charge me. This happened right after a Critical Low voltage error in which my battery was still at like 40 percent.
They have got to fix these software issues or my next drone will be another brand.

même problème avec mon Phantom 3 standard. Il y a t'il une solution qui a été trouver depuis ce temps?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers