Gimbal clamp was hanging off when I got my P3P from B&h

Reaction score
When I recieved my P3P from B&H the gimbal clamp was falling off in the box. Over the next week the gimbal was freezing and becoming non responsive. I waited for 3 weeks to get it. Now it is taking a week to mail it back to B&H. I was informed I would have to wait three to five weeks for a new one to ship. I think I should be bumped up in line as I already waited my turn and got a defective item.

Just a little pissed off,
Aaron

When I recieved my P3P from B&H the gimbal clamp was falling off in the box. Over the next week the gimbal was freezing and becoming non responsive. I waited for 3 weeks to get it. Now it is taking a week to mail it back to B&H. I was informed I would have to wait three to five weeks for a new one to ship. I think I should be bumped up in line as I already waited my turn and got a defective item.

Aaron
Sorry about the delay. FYI that I think most of us had that gimbal clamp loose inside the box when it arrived.

Last edited:
Reactions: PhotoGuyAaron
@PhotoGuyAaron Dude you have a way better chance of talking to someone at B&H because Dji has the WORST customer service there is! I don't understand why such a growing company like Dji treats there customers like crap!

I have head lots of horror stories but when I called them there was only a 20minute wait to talk to someone and he was quite helpful but in the end we decided it was best to deal with B&H first.

Aaron

Real sorry to hear but all things said and done you're probably in the best hands you could be in for this scenario. B&H is where I get everything because of their incredible customer service and 30 day return policy. I've returned more than one defective DJI item to them and got a brand new one just a few days later.... no questions asked. The P3 is still in hot demand so that's the issue with not getting one right away. I know it's probably not what you wanna hear, nor would I. But count your blessings you had the forethought in buying through B&H. You could be haggling over the phone, with someone who's difficult to understand, being told "we'll get back to you", promising you a fixed bird in 6 to 8 weeks, after they assess this issue, blah, blah, blah, etc. etc. etc. That would be a real big problem compared to your situation now.

Hang in there.... You'll get a new bird soon enough! I'd be willing to bet B&H will do whatever possible to make this right for you. They always have for me.

PS. I've not met or know of a single person that's received their P3 with the gimbal lock still attached when unboxed. Mine included. Go figure.

Last edited:
That's whatcha get for buying from B&H, unfortunately.

Apparently you've not purchased much nor tried to return much to B&H. If you've had issues with B&H you're an anomoly and you should probably stay indoors if it's lighting outside! LOL!

I've both purchased and returned several things to B&H over the years. It's been a mixed bag to say the least. One time they sold me a brand new Phantom 2 battery. When I got it home I discovered it was fully charged and had several discharge cycles on it, so it was clearly "used". When I tried to return it to them they tried to fob me off by telling me that it was "normal" for a new battery to arrive fully charged from the factory. Yeah right!

My clamp was also loose and falling off but everything seems fine with mine so far

I also had a halfway-off clamp, from an Adorama order.

Seeing that this seems to be common, it causes me a little less concern, as the gimbal seems okay (though I've had to adjust the roll, despite multiple IMU, gimbal, and compass corrections - glad we have an option for it now).

I also have so much more trouble getting it on than the P2V+; I don't think this clamp was manufactured as good as it should have been.

Apparently you've not purchased much nor tried to return much to B&H. If you've had issues with B&H you're an anomoly and you should probably stay indoors if it's lighting outside! LOL!
I also had a halfway-off clamp, from an Adorama order.

Seeing that this seems to be common, it causes me a little less concern, as the gimbal seems okay (though I've had to adjust the roll, despite multiple IMU, gimbal, and compass corrections - glad we have an option for it now).

I also have so much more trouble getting it on than the P2V+; I don't think this clamp was manufactured as good as it should have been.

This is the replacement clamp I got. He also sells gimbal protective cross bars and lens hoods. Great guy really helped me out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111685928565?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

Aaron
It just sucks with these things.

This is the replacement clamp I got. He also sells gimbal protective cross bars and lens hoods. Great guy really helped me out:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111685928565?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
I've been looking for the STLs for things like that. I found a few on Thingaverse.

I tried printing out a lens cap, but wasn't a very good fit (just a mm or two too tight); maybe I'll have better luck with some of the cap/clamp combos. Just doesn't seem like it'd be that stable.

Aaron
Same situation here when I received my P3P shipment. The Gimbal clamp was actually off from the camera. Was worried then, thinking there might be a problem with the gimbal. I flew the P3 and to my relief I didn't notice any problem. to this day still working great. The only problem I have now was when they released the 1.2.6 firmware update. After I updated my firmware, I flew my P3 and noticed that motors seems louder and from 8' hovering height the unit gradually descent to 4'. I haven't made any effort to report these observation to date. Thinking that they will release another firmware update and will fix the issue.

Last edited:

I bought that same clamp. Doesn't even fit right on the gimbal, super loose. Way worse than factory. The lens cap he made is awesome though. The factory one is good if it's pressed on firmly. And yes, mine also arrived (direct from DJI) floating around the box. Gimbal is fine though.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic