Getting rid of drone

Vortecman, the bottom line is that most people on here love there drones.Those of us that love them more tend to be more passionate. They are the best drones money can buy. You have a wonderful tool in your hands right now. You should keep it and have fun with it.

Reactions: pomonabill220
I have had to send mine in twice. Customer service was excellent on both accounts. DJI paid shipping both ways and had it repaired and back to me in less than two weeks. Seven days of that was shipping from East to West Coast and back.
No one speaks out about a good experience only a negative experience. It's like this with any product.
Same here... I was beginning to think I was the only one on the planet that had Divine Favor with DJI customer service... Spoke to them twice, It was a pleasure both times... They actually fixed my bird for free (minus shipping) for a mistake that I admit-ingly made...
I have been More than pleased with their service..

Not even close to buyers regret, or impulse buy. I want the drone but from what I'm reading from cracks, firmware, camera issues, and other things I'm going to need CS. I don't expect bad customer service it's a fact, I don't want to play phone tag with DJI.

I dealt with DJI about 11 months after I bought my drone. The process was VERY easy and painless compared to some stories. I handled everything through email, they repaired, and returned within 3 weeks.

From general browsing of the net, and from blogs of drone users, I'd say that those with the most experience gravitate to DJI. What you don't know from reading forums is how many love their drones and have no problems. What you also don't know is how many of the problems are from either operator error in flying or owner error in maintaining their drones and their firmware levels. It is a technical product and comfort with technology is needed.

From DJI's latest announcement, I am hoping their customer service, support, and responsiveness to customers will improve and their are making an investment in this area. Given the technical nature of the product they are putting on the market, this will be a MUST.

I believe a little bit of fear before each flight is normal. It's a good time to go over check lists on the drone's condition and then on what your specific flight plan is. Check power lines, birds in the areas, and other threats. They ... enjoy your drone!

Not even close to buyers regret, or impulse buy. I want the drone but from what I'm reading from cracks, firmware, camera issues, and other things I'm going to need CS. I don't expect bad customer service it's a fact, I don't want to play phone tag with DJI.
OMG, You have no problems now, and are thinking about selling something because you could have a problem, and might need a service claim. Wow you are way over thinking things, I've had my Phantom for well over a year now and have had not one issue that I couldn't resolve myself with just reading a bit in the forums. The time to do your research is before making the purchase, now you should just be enjoying it not worrying about what if this or that.

Last edited:
Had a crash, my fault, after 100 flights. Drone was behind a tree and dropped into a lake, went underwater briefly, took off again and flew home with the gimbal flopping wildly. DJI was very courteous on the phone, had me send the drone in for repair, analyzed the crash logs, and determined that I had applied left stick back,dropping the bird into the drink. I didn't believe them, so I went through the logs myself. Yes indeed, 12 minutes into the flight, the left stick was briefly pulled back at 25 feet over the water. I was all set to blame DJI, but I was clearly and totally responsible. DJI repaired the drone in a bout 10 days. for $175, and it is good as new. Nothing but good things to say about the DJI Support for my stupidity.

I've only had one issue so far with my p3s where it randomly fell out of the sky and obliterated itself on the ground, dji is replacing it for free and I've had no issues whatsoever with my p3a, but I've only got 65000ft of fly distance on so far

You have got to remember, when reading all these forums it is usually people that have had problems or created them their selves. If you figure all the DJI drones sold compared to the ones you read bad things about, I would say probably there are 85% that have had no issues. Maybe more. All you hear about is the bad news, never the good stuff.

FWIW - I have gotten fine CS fro DJI.
But then, I have realistic expectations.

Cars also seem to have problems every now and then.......

I have a P3A and have been reading all the posts of CS and I'm thinking of getting rid of it BEFORE I need to use customer service. I googled DJI reviews and its not good. My drone has had NO problems so far, less than 1 hour flight time and is in perfect shape. I have 3 batteries and almost all the acc. lights, case, new tablet, and a lot more. Where would be a good place to sell it, I just don't want to deal with all the BS customer service is laying out. Thanks
Stick it out you might be trouble free ,,or put it on shelf for spare and get another one:)

I'm not sure I understand. You have a perfectly good drone that has had no problems, the same as many thousands of us world wide. Why would an expectation of poor customer service make you want to sell it? You've only flown it for an hour... not even long enough to become familiar with it, yet you assume you are going to have problems and that any experience you MIGHT have with customer service MIGHT not be good. Sounds more like a case of buyers regret to me. You spent money on something you don't want and are looking for an excuse to justify getting rid of it to ease your conscience over what might just be an expensive impulse buy???
I've have found the best customer support right here on these forums. Tried and tested experience. Thank you to all

Thanks for the replies, some of them make sense as to only hearing about bad service. I'm going to give it a shot and fly it and see what happens,if anything comes up it's still under warranty. I'm going to start reading up on editing the video. Thanks guys
I don't understand why are you worry so much when you don't have any issue with it. If it's flying great, enjoy the bird. Make sure to take care very well that bird. I have my standard with 33 flights and still working like new, no issues.

Selling a perfectly good aircraft you enjoy flying to avoid the possibility of dealing with CS at some future time, should there ever be a problem with the aircraft, seems like committing suicide at 20 to make sure to avoid the mere possibility of dying of some horrible death, at some unknown future time, later in life. Fly it until you can't, and then, worst case scenario, you amortize the cost of your drone purchase over the number of successful flights you will have had, if you ever should encounter a problem, and then you just completely write off the aircraft. Then you never have to deal with CS, ever! :cool:

I'm not sure I understand. You have a perfectly good drone that has had no problems, the same as many thousands of us world wide. Why would an expectation of poor customer service make you want to sell it? You've only flown it for an hour... not even long enough to become familiar with it, yet you assume you are going to have problems and that any experience you MIGHT have with customer service MIGHT not be good. Sounds more like a case of buyers regret to me. You spent money on something you don't want and are looking for an excuse to justify getting rid of it to ease your conscience over what might just be an expensive impulse buy???
You

I've crashed my phantom 4 a bunch of times I've got duct tape holding on one arm and it still flys I think the competition likes to put bad reviews to detour people from DJI because there the best I've got several dji drones and I've never once had to use customer service if your serious about your birds you will fix them yourself so in the end who cares about customer service and most of those people who post probably wrecked and that's not under warranty so don't believe the hype

Duct tape.....
You live in MS too.
IMG_7949.JPG

Thanks for the replies, some of them make sense as to only hearing about bad service. I'm going to give it a shot and fly it and see what happens,if anything comes up it's still under warranty. I'm going to start reading up on editing the video. Thanks guys
That is good to hear! I really hope you do give it a good try and enjoy your quad!
Give it a few flights, and I bet you will get the "quad-bite"!
Enjoy!

(and even IF you need to get service, give DJI a chance...)

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor