Georgia drone group...?

Maybe we could try to set up something for next Saturday at Buford American Legion post... anyone have strict time preferences? I was thinking maybe late afternoon(4pm) or early evening(6pm)?

Scooter Post 127,
Can you give or ask the Post for us and make sure it is ok to have a few people there? For next Sat?

The 20th or the 27th?

I had a bad crash there a few days ago. Very, very bad and the DJI guy I chatted with said DJI doesn't sell ANY replacement parts for the P3S. And I know that sending it in will cost me more than what I paid for it at BJ's in Cumming. Had I known that I can't get parts I would not have purchased it.

The 20th or the 27th?

I had a bad crash there a few days ago. Very, very bad and the DJI guy I chatted with said DJI doesn't sell ANY replacement parts for the P3S. And I know that sending it in will cost me more than what I paid for it at BJ's in Cumming. Had I known that I can't get parts I would not have purchased it.

What parts do you need?
Have you checked B&H?
They have really good prices on parts.
We can take a look at it this weekend if you can make it out.
If you need help repairing it, and you want, I can help you.
I have torn my P3P down a few times and I am comfortable tearing them down.
Let me know what parts you need or post a pic and I can start looking at some prices for parts if you like.
I love working on them and would love to help :)

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

Scooter - if we can fly this weekend, and you can make it out, you can fly my P3P :)
Wait till you see it with my iPad Pro. The 12.9" screen is huge yes, but gives you an awesome view!
I just want to hang out with others that have quads.
I have yet to run into anyone else that owns one since I got mine in Feb...

The 20th or the 27th?

I think he meant this coming weekend, the 20th

Yes, was thinking the 20th... let me know. That sucks about your crash, any idea what caused it? Also there are usually parts on ebay.

Well since its been a few days and no answer and now it's Saturday already ... Does anyone know another place to possibly have a meet up? Maybe to try for next weekend?

Hey guys. I'm in Adairsville. Have a buddy that lives in Calhoun that flys also. Lives accross from golf course and on the river. Nice place to fly.

Gold Seal is planning a seminar in "Real World Part 107 Ops" in the north metro Atlanta area (Alpharetta-Cumming) in late October or early November. This will zero in on the regulatory issues that face commercial Remote Pilots on a day-to-day basis and will be conducted by a full team of FAA certificated flight instructors (all of whom have their Remote Pilot certifications). It is targeted to both (1) people preparing for the Part 107 test, and (2) people who have already passed the test.

Are you interested in joining us? We're trying to get a feel for attendance so that we can choose an appropriate venue.

I am in Peachtree City. I am a private pilot, retired F.A.A. employee, and now a DJI Phantom 4 owner. It would be fun to meet others with common interests.

Howdy guys, sorry I haven't replied in a while. Killed drone 1, bought a second it came with bad battery....long story short I'm back in business.

I am 99.9% certain we can have some drone fun at the Buford American Legion pretty much any time we want. The only caveat is a post member (like me) should be there.

Having said that, we are having our annual Halloween Biker Bash coming up the evening of Wednesday, October 26th and I will have the new bird there to get some footage. I invite y'all to come out and help get footage if you feel like it. Disclaimer: Nobody will pay you for it, of course, so helping me get footage will be out of the kindness of your heart and you will be supporting a veteran's organization. I'll have to lay down some common sense ground rules, of course, but nothing that would surprise or irritate any responsible drone pilot.

Let me say the Halloween event is 100% pure fun. Prizes for costumes, live music, and if you like tasty beverages you won't find them cheaper. Come on down, drone or not, and ask for Scooter. Or, if my gal and my buddy's wife have their way (and they will), look for the 6'2" Barney Rubble lol.

I look forward to seeing people!

Reactions: JWH
Gold Seal is planning a seminar in "Real World Part 107 Ops" in the north metro Atlanta area (Alpharetta-Cumming) in late October or early November. This will zero in on the regulatory issues that face commercial Remote Pilots on a day-to-day basis and will be conducted by a full team of FAA certificated flight instructors (all of whom have their Remote Pilot certifications). It is targeted to both (1) people preparing for the Part 107 test, and (2) people who have already passed the test.

Are you interested in joining us? We're trying to get a feel for attendance so that we can choose an appropriate venue.

I would love to if time allows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well since its been a few days and no answer and now it's Saturday already ... Does anyone know another place to possibly have a meet up? Maybe to try for next weekend?

Sorry about the lack of replies. Life got busy.

Regarding what caused the crash...stupid show off pilot trying to impress people and flying it straight into one of the thickest oak trees I've ever seen. Yeah, the stupid pilot would be me. And it's not like I've never seen the tree before - I have 4 of its descendants growing in pots on my back porch lol.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl