Georgia drone group...?

Reaction score
Is anyone interested in organizing some sort of state wide club or organization and formulate a cohesive effort to help promote drone safety and public awareness (such as the case with underwater divers i.e. PADI in the scuba diving industry for instance)...? In the near future where a bill will be sent to legislature in our state that is going to limit the ability to legally fly drones unless it is government based. 9 states have this law, Hawaii is next... for those of us who want to fly with cameras attached, for recreation or any reason, state laws are prohibiting the use of drones. Is this the right forum to ask this or can anyone point me to a group already in preparation to represent a licensing or certification directive request for the FAA...? Or is anyone interested here... ? I believe if a group was formed to promote a policy of education, safety and ethics, a group such as this could do something to keep it from a slam dunk... Thanks...

This is probably the right forum?
BUT since when can a state regulate what the FAA controls? If Georgia does produce such BS, they can kiss my grits!

Really, this is such a silly thing. What is the definition of a drone? It certainly is not inclusive of a DJI P2V! I would like to see a Georgia Quadcopter group formed for information sharing BUT certainly not for getting hyper about what some darn politician thinks he/she can do.

ChesterT :evil:

I'm very interested, however lets just form the group 1st. Can't put issues on the table unless we are a Group, and second if we became a group can't put things on the table that don't exist.
I am for it going forward, however, we need to develop a game plan for "recruitment" 1st. I have some ideas but we need to be serious about this. PM me anytime

Reactions: Dr Crashmenot
got a couple of friends with drones and using the meet up forum to find others, is there more the the four of us on this thread?

I am new to the hobby and this community. I have found this site remarkably helpful. I live in Georgia and would be interested in participating a group that promotes responsible UAV operation and ownership.

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

I am new to the hobby and this community. I have found this site remarkably helpful. I live in Georgia and would be interested in participating a group that promotes responsible UAV operation and ownership.

Great, 69t where do you call home?

Wow what an over reach... Illegal to take off from or recover from public property? No defining of what privacy expectations are, no lawfully taking scenic photos? I shouldn't be surprised but I am.

It's not there jurisdiction anyway. I wonder how many silly overreaching laws were attempted when the first barnstormers took flight?

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

90% is regulating common sense but the other 10% is scary, I have been in touch with my Rep, please get in touch with yours!!!

Reactions: GunnyPapa
I'm in Warner Robins, smack dab in the middle of the state. I'm interested in a meet up with more flyers.

Reactions: GunnyPapa
I'm in Warner Robins, smack dab in the middle of the state. I'm interested in a meet up with more flyers.

Awsome brother. Semper Fidelis

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic