General Discussion Forum

OI Photography said:
DJI severed their relationship with Colin a week or two ago now, and the videos likely had to come down due to copyright issues related to that.

I wonder if this had anything to do with it: http://youtu.be/faDRYGNryoc

I would love to hear Colin's side but we can probably assume that an exit NDA means that won't happen.

We'll see if the replacement is up to his standard. In the meantime it creates a serious void. I, for one, learned a lot from those videos and am grateful to Colin for that.

I'm not sure what forum to put this in so I'll put it here. Moderator (Adam) please move if there is a more appropriate place.

MAKE magazine issue 37 (new this month - just arriving in mailboxes) has Drones as its theme. Some great articles on making your own and on the Phantom and others. You can download the PDF for free or buy the magazine. Google Make Magazine for more information.

ladykate said:
I'm not sure what forum to put this in so I'll put it here. Moderator (Adam) please move if there is a more appropriate place.

MAKE magazine issue 37 (new this month - just arriving in mailboxes) has Drones as its theme. Some great articles on making your own and on the Phantom and others. You can download the PDF for free or buy the magazine. Google Make Magazine for more information.

+1
LOADS of drone related information on it. Quite a few of products mentioned and shown too.

Warninger said:
What's the deal with the videos posted. I can't open them. It says private. Any ideas

I found the first 5 video's archived at another website

1. DJI Phantom Unboxing and Assembly
2. DJI Phantom Pre Flight Checklist
3. DJI Phantom First Flight
4. DJI Phantom Flight Modes
5. DJI Phantom Intro to IOC

http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/dji-phantom.asp

v/r

Michael

OI Photography said:
DJI severed their relationship with Colin a week or two ago now, and the videos likely had to come down due to copyright issues related to that.

"Official" response:

Dear DJI Customer.

We appreciate your concern for the tutorial videos however, at this time they're not available. We
can assure you that we will post them up after they've been revamped.

Can you use the water proof case that comes with your bought gopro and screw it into a ZH3-2D Vibration Absorbing Plates (Latest-Plastic Edition) to the bottom of the phantom 2.

EmTwo said:
Warninger said:
What's the deal with the videos posted. I can't open them. It says private. Any ideas

I found the first 5 video's archived at another website

1. DJI Phantom Unboxing and Assembly
2. DJI Phantom Pre Flight Checklist
3. DJI Phantom First Flight
4. DJI Phantom Flight Modes
5. DJI Phantom Intro to IOC

http://www.buzzflyer.co.uk/dji-phantom.asp

v/r

Michael

Here are all of them on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... PlYyhRidcp

Download a copy in case they go away again.

Adam
I tried to PM you, but the PM function doesn't work. How can I subscribe to topics I start?

BigSky said:
Adam
I tried to PM you, but the PM function doesn't work. How can I subscribe to topics I start?

Scroll allll the way to the very bottom of the page when viewing any thread (whether you started them or not) and there is a
"subscribe topic" link.

Flying time problem for upgraded Phantom-1

Dear All,

I’ve bought my DJI Phantom-1 and decided to upgrade it in order to increase the flying time. Please see my upgraded items below:

1. Replace the stock motors with T-Motor Anti Gravity (MN2214).
2. Replace the stock propellers with 3DPro 3K Carbon Fiber PRO 9" New Style 9443 Propeller (Phantom-2 type).
3. Replace the stock battery with 2 pieces of 2.800mAh 35C LiPo by using 3DPro Dual battery carbon mounts.
4. GoPro Hero 3
5. Tarot 2D Brushless gimbal
6. Boscam 5.8Ghz 600mw transmitter

With above mentioned items, total flying weight is reached to 1.390 Grams and flying time is 6 minutes (2nd level protection).

When I’ve checked the forums who applied similar upgrades, their flight time is approx 12-15 minutes!

Where did I go wrong? Can gain setting affect the flying time?

Please kindly help me how I will increase the flying time? My gain settings are :

Basic : 180.180.140.160
Attitude : 90.90

I will be appreciated for your kind helps.

Adam,
I recently registered on Phantom-pilots but do not seem to have the authorization to submit any post. I did respond to one post when I registered but when I view post now I see no where to respond and no where to place a new post. Help please.
Windjammer

NO GPS SIGNAL IN THE PHONE APP.

Hi, I have a P2V bought in November 2013, and up to now It was working nice, I´m happy for say something.

Yesterday, I made the updated process successfully using the DJI assistance software ver 1.08.

Today, when I went to fly this morning, the GPS information in my phone shows no satellites, everything was working nice but whitout GPS assistance. The green lights beneath the phantom was blinking like a GPS was enable, but it was not.
I was trying to fly, but it is very difficult and drift easily.

Information related with this abnormally is not available from the DJI headquarters.

Could any of you guys help me to solve it?

thanks for your info

Juan

Hi , My son and I are new to the phantom , came from AR Drones. We just bought one and it is flying ok Manually and its return home function very well in Puerto Rico no problema with the GPS locking, but the Course lock and the Home lock does not seems to function at all even when we place the Quad far away from the land point.
The ad says that the software was installed in the factory before shipping, but do we have to still connected to the computer as the instructions of the manual required?
Please excuse if I am out of the correct forum, also new to these. Please direct us to the correct places and thanks for your time. Saludos, from the Island. We are planning to take very nice videos of PR beaches and mountains and post them here.
Forgot to say it appears to be a 1.1.1
Hector

Masjodon by default the Intelligent Orientation Control is turned off, you must install NAZA Assistant, then go into the advanced tab, under IOC and check the box.

Re: DJI Innovations - Phantom Introduction Videos

DJIp2v said:
Hi, None of the videos are not working. maybe all of them were erased by DJI.

They made a lot of them private that featured Colin. They have put a couple new ones on the DJI site and there are a lot of the older ones on the March ES youtube page. http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQyJhjWViM1bxcWdVjMfoXQ

bway1ner said:
Dang it! I broke two props the first time I tried to fly the Phantom!
It was my fault trying to fly indoors. Had to order replacements!
Stuuuupid!

I always have the good luck of breaking only black props...I have a stock pile of silver, but constantly grounded when i break a black one.

I ordered my DJI Phantom v1.1yesterday after months of anticipation and saving money, I got it from B&H 80$ off! Background on quad experience: very little, have owned three quads, 2 v959's both crashed and broken but both helped me learn my lessons and how to fly, and another toy non video quad. I have learned how to fly well but I also know the DJI Phantom GPS flight mode makes it easier too! Anyways, back to the important stuff! My phantom arrives in 8 days so I have been doing extensive research on the best accessories but would love to get some extra advice! Problem is I only have 110-125$ to spend. I'm looking for the best upgrades in that range. All I have is what comes in the box. Speaking of which, the box is important because the main reason I bought this is because I am going on a trip where I want to use my new toy. Of course that means I have to transport it, any tips on that? Is a case worth it, I know that alone would spend up just about the entire 125$, maybe mention some DIY options for that or should I just use the box it comes in?

Other things to consider: I have a gopro all ready so that is the only other equipment I have other than what comes in the box.

So for 125$ what is the most important accessories and upgrades to buy, please recommend which items and then specify a link where you think the cheapest place I could get them.

I know 125$ is not much but it's all I have got to spend, so rank what you think is the most important. Hopefully one day, I will have all or most of these things!

MY IDEAS: These are just some accessories I have seen, I don't know which are the best of each type either or which are more important.

-Carrying case
-FPV gear( I know 300$ at least but putting everything)
-Extra Batteries
-Extra charger
-Speed/car/multi charger
-altitude measurer
-Battery measurer? ( tells how much power is left on a battery)
-Props ( Carbon fiber, 8 inch or 9 inch, normal blade or tri-blade)
-Lights (head light or light strip) -probably not because I won't be flying at night plus it drains battery
-Landing gear extenders
-gimbal
- other things that I have left off because I know there's a lot more than this

FINAL NOTE: If anybody has old phantom 1 gear they don't want or can't use because they crashed and broke there phantom, and are willing to give there old gear away let me know, I'm interested in any and all of it! Leave what you have and contact info below!

Thanks! Let me know!

Pkbros1 said:
So for 125$ what is the most important accessories and upgrades to buy, please recommend which items and then specify a link where you think the cheapest place I could get them.

I know 125$ is not much but it's all I have got to spend, so rank what you think is the most important. Hopefully one day, I will have all or most of these things!

Thanks! Let me know!

Congrats and welcome to the community!

I went the WLToys v959 route before getting a Phantom too and broke that thing too many times to count. Tons of the little $1 -$7 parts came in, re-soldering the little wires, taping things down, etc.

Assuming you only have what came from the box, you ought to get a second set of props, charger and more batteries. Don't be a dummy like me and buy the $23 DJI batteries. I later bought a couple of these Turnigy ones for $10 each (plus $5 for shipping) and they last at least a minute+ longer and have longer cables.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... ouse_.html

Get at least 2-3 more batteries so you can start building your muscle memory flying LOS. The charger that came with your Phantom will work fine but the problem is that it doesn't have any discharging, balancing, storage, etc features. A cheap charger like the Accucell 6 is only $25 plus another $15 for a power supply will let you keep the batteries you buy to last longer.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cokersean20