General Discussion Forum

Curtster said:
Ok, surely it's just me, but I'm curious... Why are some of the post numbers red and some are blue?
Curt
The red color shows the topics with posts that you have not read at all, the blues shows info around total views and replis that you already have seeing.

Happy Customer from DroneFly.com

I ordered my DJI Phantom, extra battery, and extra propellers from DroneFly.com and I am SUPER happy with my purchase and their service! They had excellent customer service, fast processing times, and helpful support!

I recommend them for all of your DJI Phantom needs! I will be purchasing the DJI Zenmuse H3-2D Gimbal System and PMU from them in the near future also. Check their website for contests as well!

http://www.dronefly.com

Newbie to Phantoms!

Hi there folks....
My name is Harry and I am TOTALLY new to quadcopters and Aerial Videos....I am a Cigar Shop owner and getting up there, (57 yrs old) and just recently got my 1st Quad...a little Walkera QR100W, which I tore up pretty quick! LOL....but getting the hang of it I got a new QR100 and got pretty good with it....since, I have ordered my DJI "Phantom" and it is "Out for Delivery" TODAY!@ WOO HOO!!! Cant WAIT!
I have been reading and watching every You Tube Video I can get my hands on trying to soak up every tid bit of info I can before getting my Hands on this thing...I sure dont wanna tear up my brand new $700 Phantom right out of the gate!
Well, with that said, is there any Advice/Suggestions any of you "Veteran Pilots" would give me to get me started safely and without incident? LOL....Like I said Im not very good at this yet,but from what I read and watched about the Phantom, this is my best bet with the GPS and all...
I DO have a GoPro Camera ready to go for my 1st flight and ANY Advice from you Veterans would be VERY VERY Appreciated!!!!!
Thank you all in advance and I look forward to getting to know some of you and exchanging "War Stories"!!!!
Thanks again!

Harry

All I know about this quad is that I want one. It would be fun to take on the road. Hotels get boring. Is it really as easy to fly as advertised? Right now I guess I need to find a place to buy mine. Guess I'll start with dronefly. Thanks for any help or advice you can give.

Tom

Update: just saw a video of the Phantom Vision. Really cool.

The last video says that you need to down load software to activate IOC mode. Why isn't it already on there? I really sux when it comes to computers. I'm doing good to check email and get into forum. Are there other things that its missing? Software things? Also what is CL mode? I heard it mentioned in another video on youtube.

Tom

P.S. course lock. I've read both manuals, the quick start and the advanced manual twice and watched all the videos once. Still pretty confusing to me but I'll keep at it. If you folks know of other training type video I could watch it would be helpful. Thank you.

So far while on the road I've enjoyed watching all the training videos and reading the manuals. I feel like I'll be ready when I finnaly get home to order my Phantom. I thought it might be hard for guy with my limited computer skills to do the down loading stuff but after watching the DJI site videos I think it might be ok. Also found a great gun shop up here in KY. Wharehouse full of guns. There goes the budget.

Tom

Hello ALL! I just wanted to say hi for my first post. Looking to get a Phantom to get my GoPro in the air. In the past I've used a 30ft painters pole haha, but I think it's time to upgrade. See that video here: [ https://vimeo.com/52095074 ]

Anyways... found a YouTube video which brought me here, and I know this forums going to be a great resource in my aerial journey.

Tiny bit more about me. I'm from Chico, CA (northern California between Sacramento and Redding). I know barely anything about Phantoms/RC's/Flying...but I'm a fast learner. I run a filmmaking tumblr with 40,000 followers [ http://stephendiaz.com/ ] although as of late I've been so busy I haven't blogged much... I own a film&photo company specializing in weddings with my wife Chelsey called TréCreative [ http://trecreative.com/ ].

That's all. Thanks for reading, hope to learn a lot...LETSGO
-Stephen

Howdy from SC.

Tom

Update: Ordered my Phantom and its on the way. I've been drooling over the UPS tracking number and its only 18 miles away at the UPS Depot in West Columbia, SC. Should have it monday. I hope.

Tom

I don't have the numbers but I just wanted you to know I'm interested in the Phantom. I haven't gotten my Phantom yet cause I'm still on the road but I really like this forum. I plan to buy mine after I get home. Hope some one can help.

Tom

Dear Phantom Pilots,

I have been so interested in buying a Phantom and Gopro combo for a couple of weeks now, mainly to have some fun and to enhance my photography. However, the more I delve into the fascinating subject it seems increasingly likely that I will have some catastrophic mishap and the craft and camera will go ballistic to never be seen again...... or it will end up raising funds for someone else, i.e.; the lucky finder of my machine, who then lists it on ebay!

If i bought one tomorrow, how realistic are my chances of actually being in possession of the SAME Phantom and Gopro, in 4 weeks time? Or is 4 weeks far too distant? OK, four days time?

I love the idea of flying one of these things but really dislike the idea of a 'flyaway' Phantom on my first attempt. Your experienced advice in resolving this dilemma would be most appreciated.

Great forum BTW

Many thanks

Little Wing

Little Wing said:
Dear Phantom Pilots,

I have been so interested in buying a Phantom and Gopro combo for a couple of weeks now, mainly to have some fun and to enhance my photography. However, the more I delve into the fascinating subject it seems increasingly likely that I will have some catastrophic mishap and the craft and camera will go ballistic to never be seen again...... or it will end up raising funds for someone else, i.e.; the lucky finder of my machine, who then lists it on ebay!

If i bought one tomorrow, how realistic are my chances of actually being in possession of the SAME Phantom and Gopro, in 4 weeks time? Or is 4 weeks far too distant? OK, four days time?

I love the idea of flying one of these things but really dislike the idea of a 'flyaway' Phantom on my first attempt. Your experienced advice in resolving this dilemma would be most appreciated.

Great forum BTW

Many thanks

Little Wing

It seems these forums are causing some concerns for new folks.

Bottom line is this. It is easy to fly. Don't fly when you see red lights. Fly in GPS mode the first few times. Stay out of the software for a little while. Don't get fancy with it at first. 1st flight, big field.
Don't fly with camera the first few times.

And the biggest thing is: Buy it from a Certified DJI dealer. Period.
I buy things from EBay and Amazon all the time.
I have spent 100s of thousands of dollars from B&H over the last 20 years. I do not exaggerate.

Buy the Phantom from a Certified DJI dealer with tech support. You will be a happy camper in the end.

My 2 cents.

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

.....thanks, E, I feel a lot better already. I was thinking of buying from a reputable source, Quadcopters UK, they appear to have an excellent reputation. Thanks again for your reply.

Best

Little Wing

Little Wing said:
.....thanks, E, I feel a lot better already. I was thinking of buying from a reputable source, Quadcopters UK, they appear to have an excellent reputation. Thanks again for your reply.

Best

Little Wing
One more thing. Get the dealer to install the latest software/ firmware and test fly. When you get it, it's ready to go. If budget allows go ahead and get 2 extra batteries at least. That way you can fly it for a good 30 mins of so before you need to recharge. Charging the batteries on the oem charger will take at least a hour and a half per battery. Just a part of doing business. ;-)

E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

slugger said:
Hi Guys
Could someone give me the original(factory) numbers for pitch and yaw etc for the Phantom.

Thanx

Slug

Go to the DJI Website and download the default factory settings.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl