Garmin GTU 10

Reaction score
Has anyone used the Garmin GTU 10 on their Phantom? If so, have you experienced any interference from the Garmin GPS signal causing control problems with the Phantom? Thanks.

It doesn't produce GPS signals it receives them. It communicates via GSM just like a cellphone which also means it's useless if it isn't in an area with good GSM coverage. GSM broadcasts on 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz. Shouldn't interfere in anyway with the control of the Phantom any more than the cellphone in your pocket would.

pwright said:
It doesn't produce GPS signals it receives them. It communicates via GSM just like a cellphone which also means it's useless if it isn't in an area with good GSM coverage. GSM broadcasts on 900, 1800 and 1900 MHz. Shouldn't interfere in anyway with the control of the Phantom any more than the cellphone in your pocket would.

Thanks for the clarification. Totally thinking about it backward. So, would it be correct to say as long as I'm receiving a strong cell signal it should work fine? Thanks.

Drummer Boy said:
Thanks for the clarification. Totally thinking about it backward. So, would it be correct to say as long as I'm receiving a strong cell signal it should work fine? Thanks.
Assuming your cellphone is GSM (Europe or ATT/T-Mobile).

pwright said:
Drummer Boy said:
Assuming your cellphone is GSM (Europe or ATT/T-Mobile).
iPhone and iPad using AT&T.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl