Galveston Seawall

Reaction score
When flying off Galveston island, how far away from The Historic Pleasure should I stay?

I don't know that I would fly over it because there are people there ... but otherwise I would not be ultra concerned. Fly over the water far enough away that if there is an error you lose your bird in the drink.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots

That falls within the 5 mile radius of the airport. I have been in contact with Mike Shahan, Airport Director and he said if you want to fly within that radius contact the tower with your location and maximum altitude and they may waive the radius. They will grant permission daily between 6:00am - 6:00pm daily. The tower number is 409-392-7110.

I have been trying to find out if there are any City ordinances but no luck yet. I'll update if I find out.

Reactions: Paul A Byers
That falls within the 5 mile radius of the airport. I have been in contact with Mike Shahan, Airport Director and he said if you want to fly within that radius contact the tower with your location and maximum altitude and they may waive the radius. They will grant permission daily between 6:00am - 6:00pm daily. The tower number is 409-392-7110.

I have been trying to find out if there are any City ordinances but no luck yet. I'll update if I find out.
That is good to know, thanks! Just a thought, it would be cool to get night time shots as all the lights on the Pier are on. However, I won't push my luck. Daytime is better than nothing.

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fimaj