gain adjusment for vision props on FC40???

Not sure, got from Amazon shipped quickly from China, Said they were CF but they are white and much thinner material than the stock props so I am not sure. They fly no differently than stock props.

So far from any one I seen haveing the same issue was with the black stiff carbon fiber knock offs from china.

Hi People,

I recently purchased 9 inch Vision Props (9443) to use on my FC40. When I use them, its super hard to control and the drone keeps banking right and making unwanted moves. I REALLY REALLY NEED SOMEONE'S HELP WITH THE GAINS!!

I messed with them as much as I could but every single time, almost the same thing happens. Has anyone else had this problem?? I feel like it shouldn't be this hard to fly with these props.

Please, if you can, post your GAIN % Numbers, so I can try them on Naza-M

Thanks

I ended up going back to the reguler props dude the lose of speed after going to the p2v props but i was able to get it to fly some what stable with my basic gains set to
pitch roll yaw vertical
150 145 125 125

attitude gains 125 125

Tho after reading about all the people that fly phantom visions mostly all excepting VRS as a fact of life and knowing how to get out of it if and when it happens when flying a p2v its my conclusion them props suck just as bad on P2V's as they do on any other.

DJI even changed some things in the newest software update for the p2v to make the max speed any one can descend at 2m per second to try and help with the VRS problem and some people are still having it happen even with such a slow decent if they try coming straight down with out any lateral movement.

With the fc40 being so stable with the stock props and not even being able to make it go in to vrs even if you tried made me almost take it for granted that you can land a fc40 as fast as it will descend which is like 6m per second. and a bit faster still if in atti mode. is makeing me wonder about maybe trying to do the opposite of what many have done and instead of trying to use p2v props on my fc40 Im thinking of trying out a set of the fc40 props on my vision to see if they are any better with stability.

BTW there is a new prop i think its a 9050 high thrust and anti VRS They are supposed to be releasing soon that thos that tested have said they are stable and work good.

Don't want to hijack the post, but are the self tightening the 9" or are there both? The FC40 I ordered came with the self tightening and I was going to upgrade to the 9" but looking at a few videos, they look to be the same as what others have (granted I haven't pulled a ruler out as I was just thinking of this).

Ya the phantom 2 vision style ones are the bigger 9 inch props.

an I would recommenced against even trying to go to the bigger props till you have some some good flight time in on the stock props on the FC40 much more stable and not pron to VRS(vortex ring state) causing you to go out control when trying to land and it crashing. Its very inherent problem with the phantom vision because of the props and some thing we fc40 flyers dont have happen and end up taking it for granted how easy it is to land the fc40 as fast as we want with no worry's.

But dji is getting ready to come out with redesigned high thrust 9050 props that every one thats tested them says they dont do the vrs death wobble.

are you talking about the 9450 props? I found the best way to get out of vrs is to give forward stick, iv been playing with this, seeing how far I let it drop before flying out of it, about 2 ft from ground. any lower it tips to far forward , front blades hit the ground, I fly mostly over water, and had a close call the first time with 9 blades, and just like you said it kept dropping, I tried giving full pitch, with no luck, then gave it full forward stick, it came out of it .its better to land in forward or backwards flight, for me even in tight landing space. with new undies :lol:

I still use the stock props with stock gain settings on a configuration with 2 2200 batteries, FC40 cam, Gopro Hero3+ with dive case (no gimbal), raised, wide landing gear with 'floats'. Total weight around 1250 grams. 12 minutes flight time, super stable. Even with props that have dents and little damages no balance issues. Once a prop gets bend I replace it. When you bend it back it still is weaker on that spot and ruins the balance.

I might try the carbon 8" props one day because they look cool but for now I don't wanna mess with a perfect situation.

Getting new DJI vision props?

- Gains should be LOWERED from the ones you have.
- Ideally you should balance them.
- Losing control on descent, it whobbles on descent or flips over and crashes, it is Vortex ring state and these props will worsen the effect (it will accetnuate it)

In a very brief nutshell.
- Increase pitch and yaw gains until it STARTS to oscillates when hovering.
Lower 10%.
- Vertical. increase the gains until the Phantom climbs in altitude when you stop going forward (when it should stop anf\d hover it pulls up at the same time)
Lower 10%

Attitude gains are for reaction times of the sticks.

My Phantom would drop in altitude whenever I would let go of the sticks. Gains did nothing.
Vision props fixed the problem, but keep in mind it is much more reactive then before. It is more "nervous".

So be careful while descending, never straight down, either do it while going in circles or at an angle.

are you talking about the 9450 props? I found the best way to get out of vrs is to give forward stick, iv been playing with this, seeing how far I let it drop before flying out of it, about 2 ft from ground. any lower it tips to far forward , front blades hit the ground, I fly mostly over water, and had a close call the first time with 9 blades, and just like you said it kept dropping, I tried giving full pitch, with no luck, then gave it full forward stick, it came out of it .its better to land in forward or backwards flight, for me even in tight landing space. with new undies :lol:

ya it was the 9450's that made me almost have to go change my undies a few times. and had to figure out real fast in the heat of the moment how to fly out of a VRS death wobble. when I got my gains adjusted better it cut down on it a lot. But being my over all performance was not improved from the stock props I figured it was not worth the added potential of having to always watch for VRS esp if ever trying to let it do a rth and land its self. Tho the 9450's were really responsive when flying I could turn much faster and agile and could come to almost screeching stops from full speed Which was pretty cool tho they actually cut down my over all top speeds if flying in atti mode but did give me a few extra mph in gps compared to the stock props. Which I found to be weird and the opposite of what I was expecting from them on the speed.

im with you on the stock props. HD said they have the 9450 props on the way ,so going to give them a try, I live right on the water ,its nice to just walk outside and take flight, its a risk every flight, but with the 9 props its way more of a chance I will put it into the sea. like you said with the stock props they can make time, don't know how fast its going, but its fast, my problem is I keep flying it like its a heli, speed is :cool:

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shimuafeni fredrik