Futaba 14SGH or SGA?

Reaction score
Hello guys,

I was trying to find some information but couldn't find much. I am wondering if its better to get the Heli version or the airplane version of the Futaba 14SG?

I have heard some people claiming that the SGA Is better, but others say the SGH is actually the best for a Phantom 2... and others say they are the same thing.

What is your oppinion? :mrgreen:

I am also wondering if you can program the same Futaba (14SG) to control 2 different Phantoms (of course not at the same time) and that way only have to carry 1 control and not 2 (with 2 receivers obviously)

Thanks so much!!

Well, you can download the manual and see all the specs
http://manuals.hobbico.com/fut/14sg-manual.pdf

But it makes no mention of the difference,
but I googled a bit and apparently they are 99.9% identical. (unlike the T8J, all the switches are identical)
-the only difference being the the Heli model has a smooth throttle, and the airplane is ratcheted (. But apparently you can open up the back and easily switch between the two.

However in this thread here, it's mentioned that the Heli model has a center sprung throttle. I'd do some more investigation just to be sure, but it might very well depend if you're hooked on having a center sprung throttle or ratcheted.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5195&start=60

Gizmo3000 said:
but it might very well depend if you're hooked on having a center sprung throttle or ratcheted.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5195&start=60

Hey! that is what I was reading.... the center sprung throttle is more like the stock P2 controller (and I beleive more useful for this type of devices)

However, some people claim the SGA is the better choice (like Cr8tive_leo, whose input I also appreciate very much ) but I don't see why the ratcheted is better?

BTW, the SGH and SGA can both be programmed on heli, aero and glider mode.

:geek:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pauos31