Fried my signal chip by doing jumper mod

That seems and sounds crazy,to what good would that do ?or not do
To me that's causing a signal loss not a gain

• Love
Reactions: Squirrel!
You would probably get more help if you didn't assume everybody knew what you meant by "jumper mod".
If your chip is fried because of updating via wifi and your range in down to 300m only then you have to do this to restore the range.

You have to solder a wire in this two chips

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200123-215420.png
    Screenshot_20200123-215420.png
    889.8 KB · Views: 310
In wouldn’t be too hard on yourself- it’s a difficult job even with the right gear.

A new main board won’t be expensive and shouldn’t be hard to find. Even if it worked the performance wouldn’t have been 100%.

In wouldn’t be too hard on yourself- it’s a difficult job even with the right gear.

A new main board won’t be expensive and shouldn’t be hard to find. Even if it worked the performance wouldn’t have been 100%.
Yes, that's my last option.. A new a board.. Yes, it's not hard to find. But most of sellers that I found is having difficulty to ship in my location. I'm very much willing to pay. ?

If your chip is fried because of updating via wifi and your range in down to 300m only then you have to do this to restore the range.

You have to solder a wire in this two chips
"If your chip is fried because of updating via wifi..." I haven't done a lot of updates but, when I do, it's via cable. But, regardless, if I was simply updating the firmware and smoke started trickling from my drone due to a "fried" IC chip, no amount of jumpering would get my drone back in the air reliably, if at all, and I seriously doubt any chip could get shorted during a simple firmware update. It is possible to "brick" a drone by interrupting an update, using wrong firmware, etc. during the process but Ozzy23 doesn't indicate that that was the problem. If, for whatever reason, a drone was bricked, a momentary jumpering of certain chip pins might clear the lockup for a re-install but the purpose of a permanently soldered jumper seems illogical to me. A chip that burned from being "fried" during a WiFi update sounds like a problem that DJI would be responsible for.

I tend to think Ozzy23 meant "bricked" instead of "fried" but, in any case, a complete board replacement would be my recommendation.

Yes, that's my last option.. A new a board.. Yes, it's not hard to find. But most of sellers that I found is having difficulty to ship in my location. I'm very much willing to pay. ?
Have them ship to a friend and then have the friend ship to you would be my solution.

Think of it as replacing a fuse. How might it be better to take the blown fuse out and leave the circuit open? The jumper restores the connection to the antenna.
Horrible analogy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hirehackers