Free Props

You said "DJI" and "free" in the same sentence, so you must be pulling our legs. I too am interested to see where you heard that info from.

For what it's worth, I ordered (did NOT get for free) the DJI black props and they just arrived yesterday. While not too bad, they still needed to be balanced on my Du Bro prop balancer. The props I bought are labeled "8045" and "8045R" (the 8045R is clockwise, and the 8045 is counter-clockwise). Here are some pictures.

Even the expensive Graupner props require balancing so I doubt very much the props you speak of, if they exist, will be perfectly balanced out of the box. Most of these props, and the DJI props specifically, seem to be just injection molded plastic and there are just imperfections as part of that manufacturing process.

Cheers,
Paul

fasteddie said:
Has anyone received the free balanced props from DJI?

I think that initial statement by DJI was taken out of context.. some guy asked about the props and the DJI spokesman said "just hit up your dealer".

while it would be a nice gesture for us "early adopters" so to speak, considering how DJI tries to hand everything off to franchise dealer outfits, I find it hard to believe they'd consider spending any additional money to send owners something that will cost them.

While they did announce a number of new products, I'm skeptical we'll see anything in stock until mid June at the earliest, probably closer to July based on their track record. (chinese holidays and slow cargo shipping).
the brushless gimbal and the DJI Phantom Vision will probably be the first available as well, because they'll make big profit from them,. then they'll eventually get around to the rest of our needs.

My Dealer... DSLRPros, said there are new props, but that they aren't free. It would be nice for Mr. Guinn to qualify what he seemed to quite clearly say at NAB.

dbrack said:
My Dealer... DSLRPros, said there are new props, but that they aren't free. It would be nice for Mr. Guinn to qualify what he seemed to quite clearly say at NAB.

LOL. He lied. It's that simple.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl