Free "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards"

Reaction score
Hi guys, have a look at my "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards":

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

No more screws and just few seconds to mount and unmount 4 propeller guards on the Phantom 3!

If you have a 3D printer you can download the free STL model at:
DJI Easy Snap-On Prop Guards by giufini

Reactions: GunnyPapa
Hi guys, have a look at my "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards":

No more screws and just few seconds to mount and unmount 4 propeller guards on the Phantom 3!

If you have a 3D printer you can download the free STL model at:

I no longer use them, but thanks anyway Giuseppe!

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has these to see if they stay on in high winds.. i worry what dangers there are if one or more flies off mid flight.

In my opinion this is a risky design.

Design looks pretty sturdy from the video. You might show it better by hanging the bird by the guards or something similar.

Reactions: Giuseppe Finizia
In my opinion this is a risky design.
Main objective of this project was precisely to ensure sealing of the prop-guards in case of impacts, also allowing to mount and unmount these accessories just in few seconds without using screws.
I guess that in case of strong impact, the Phantom could be much more damaged by prop guards mounted using the screws that hold in place the motors in their plastic bases...
Anyway, I made these prop-guards with a professional-grade 3D printer (ZORTRAX M200), using high-quality impact resistant materials (Z-HIPS).
The grip is very strong and elastic enough to allow the perfect snap-on of the prop guards.
I tried to drive the drone against some walls at different speeds and angles: the results were very satisfactory and the prop-guards have never detached from the arms of the Phantom 3.

Design looks pretty sturdy from the video. You might show it better by hanging the bird by the guards or something similar.
Here it is... The video of the test of my "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards": ;)

Hi guys, last weekend I tested a different type of material, the Zortrax Z-ULTRAT filament, and the results were great!

So, it is now possible to order the "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards" with these materials and colors:
Z-HIPS (Black, Grey, White)
Z-ULTRAT (Black, Ivory, Brown, Green, Red, Orange, Yellow, Blue)

The price is still the same for any combination of materials and colors ;)
Please note that, where not differently specified, default material is Z-HIPS and default color is White.

Have a look at my Thingiverse page for info about costs and shipping methods:

Hey all... I've just ordered a set from this chap. EXCELLENT communications.. As soon as I get them I will post up honest appraisal. If they are as the video they look a big winner to me

Sent from my iPhone using PhantomPilots mobile app

Reactions: Giuseppe Finizia
All.. Just give a little feedback on Giuseppe prop guards .. One word.. EXCELLENT!! Brilliantly manufactured, top quality, perfect fit, no worry of them coming off.. Highly recommended!

I bought a set from Guiseppe and I'm very happy

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I asked Giuseppe to come up with a battery charging rack (screw to wall/nice and tidy).. Look what he's come up with.. He's a magician!! Brilliant!!
Highly recommend this guy and his products

c14b32ef7bcaa4d7231400774a8ea569.jpg

9b16910a42c9ab06192c994ca28df759.jpg

6c50554f9f6cedb02427f497063ea5d1.jpg

Hi guys, have a look at the new available colors:

As already said in the initial post, I have personally designed this accessory and made it available for FREE at the following Thingiverse.com page:

However, if you don't have a 3D printer, the "Easy Snap-On Prop Guards" are available as a ready to use kit for your Phantom 3 at € 22.90 EUR + shipping.
They are made with a professional-grade 3D printer, using high-quality impact resistant materials for best results.

Highly recommend this guys offerings.. Top quality designed and manufactured by someone who "understands"

I imagine a guy named Giuseppe Finizia is in like a fancy tux, and then the butler says, 'may I present, Giuseppe Finizia' and everyone is all, 'whoa....' As you come down the stairs with some hot younger woman on your arm, and the crowd is all quiet.

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic