Frank's Story

That tool is for prop. I tried to use it for the lens cover and it broke if you put the lens cover back on check it once in a while because it can get loose
That must be why they put it on so tight
My "filter wrench" broke that way, too!
My coffee cup holder/DVD tray on my computer did the same thing, when I put my coffee cup on it!:p
These things really should come with better instructions! ;)

I knew it wasn't for the lens cover
I honestly didn't. I still can't get my lens filter off on this newest bird. Tight as a drum. I figured that since the props were only supposed to be hand tightened that you were supposed to remove them the same way. The metal wrench with the old motors was only for removing props after a crash supposedly. Now I know that's why it was in the same bag that used to contain the prop wrench, and they don't want us removing the lens filter!

It will come off so you can put on darker filters. It is on very tight. Just hold camera so it doesn't brake
They should have put threads on the outside so you can just screw on filters on the lens protector

There is a rubber o ring in there to keep out moisture. That's what makes it hard to unscrew

Deflated Balloon works great on lens.
Great idea! I'll give that a try! The trick is also not to squeeze in any one place, but evenly all around, as otherwise you are making it even harder to turn! Deflated balloon has just enough grip and will wrap around evenly!

Tracking.

We all dread our little, but very expensive, quad copters flying away don't we? Hitting that tree somewhere out of sight. We know its around here somewhere....

Browsing the web today I came across this TrackR bravo

Small enough to stick on the bottom of the drone or leg? Anyway I have ordered five of them. Will let you know how I get on with them and just as important if they work.

I read, on this forum I think, that someone lost their drone and when they eventually found it it was less than 15 feet from where they were looking. I know how they feel. I did not loose my drone just a prop and it too was only a few feet away, but it still took me half an hour to find it.

These days I am always misplacing my keys and the other day I lost my wallet. After a frantic search of the whole house and cars I was about to cancel my cards etc and I found it down the back of the sofa.

Can I also so say I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this company. I simply came across them whilst browsing for something else.

What do you think? Practical?

Last edited:
Tracking.

We all dread our little, but very expensive, quad copters flying away don't we? Hitting that tree somewhere out of sight. We know its around here somewhere....

Small enough to stick on the bottom of the drone or leg? Anyway I have ordered five of them. Will let you know how I get on with them and just as important if they work.

I read, on this forum I think, that someone lost their drone and when they eventually found it it was less than 15 feet from where they were looking. I know how they feel. I did not loose my drone just a prop and it too was only a few feet away, but it still took me half an hour to find it.

These days I am always misplacing my keys and the other day I lost my wallet. After a frantic search of the whole house and cars I was about to cancel my cards etc and I found it down the back of the sofa.

Can I also so say I have absolutely NOTHING to do with this company. I simply came across them whilst browsing for something else.

Those are OK if you know the general area where your Phantom went down as the range is only maybe 100ft. But what if you loose Signal before the drone goes dawn you may not be able to get within 100ft of it. After much research I bought a Marco Polo and a Trackimo for mine. I know they are expensive but so was my Phantom. Plus I can move them to other items as needed. The Marco Polo will tell you how far you are from the Phantom and what direction it is in as long as you are within upto 2 Miles. The Trackimo is to get me into the area where it went down so I can use the Marco Polo to find it. I have one mounted on 1 side and the other mounted on the other side. There are many combinations of what you can do to protect your Phantom. This is what I settled on after looking at many options and cost. I hope this helps now let's see some more videos.

Tracking.

I could certainly use one for my golf ball! :p

Reactions: Monte Olsen
Ok guys. Something new. I got myself a new computer so I can view and edit 4k. Dont like windows 10 but so far I am slowly getting used to it. But this is not the reason for my post.

Oppps.

I played back my latest flight several times and tonight I played it again. This time I spotted something. s***** . Very easy to miss but I came so close to cocking things up. Anyone spot what I have just seen out of 20 mins of video? I copied and put below the frame that says it all. So easy to miss. Anyone else see it? As I say it could have been a real **** up on my part. Here is the captured frame. Look close or you will miss it, like I did. This really is the best frame of the lot to see it.
oppps.jpg

I saw the lines but had to zoom in to see them better. Are they power lines?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
Sure are. When I play back the video and know they are there I can see how close I came to hitting them. Ironically I picked that spot to keep away from people and animals etc. You have to be so careful. Well spotted! :)

I do not think I would have spotted them on my IPad air while flying though.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Well missed them on this 4k 28" screen. In a dark room, no pressure. Not surprised I missed them in broad daylight on a small screen. I did learn a lesson though -

Franks Tip.

You can so easily miss power, phone lines etc. Look out for the poles and pylons before you fly. Lesson learned, so nearly the hard way.

Did you also spot that bit of wire higher up? Its got a strip of protector on it. It almost looks like part of the branch of the tree, until you notice that its not connected to the tree and is floating in mid air.

No but I see what looks like a big bird in the upper right corner. I was wondering if that might have been what you were talking about since I keep hearing of birds attacking UAVs. So that lead me to the tree to look for a nest and that is when I saw the lines.

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DonT