FPVLR VS. DBS

Yes, that was exactly what I was told...:cool:
Looks like it's 1600, 1800, and 2200! Even better!
Thanks for the link!
Cool yeh im doing the the battery mod just got the cover off the smart battery took some doing now to hot knife the guts apart.

Cool yeh im doing the the battery mod just got the cover off the smart battery took some doing now to hot knife the guts apart.
FPVCustoms will be selling an already modified new DJI Smart Battery with all connectors and a mounting plate with straps and two 1300's within two weeks for $125 more than the cost of the Smart Battery, if you run into problems.

FPVCustoms will be selling an already modified new DJI Smart Battery with all connectors and a mounting plate with straps and two 1300's within two weeks for $125 more than the cost of the Smart Battery, if you run into problems.
Ahh really I'll be getting one for sure :)

Count me in on the mod battery, sounds like fun.

Hey guys, let me ask you something.
I am looking on to FPVLR with amps, but I really don't want to add another battery to my radio, another something to keep track of and charging. I have been thinking on tapping my amps to radio battery, powering from the battery on the radio, should not be hard to do by installing another connector to plug amps in to the radio itself.
Any of you thought about it? Ir did something like it.
You may have to charge radio little more often, but 6000Ah battery inside should power up amps for some time. The only problem is that it's 2C battery...

Thank you

I'm using FPVLR version 2 and have amps. Unless you have a lot of interference in front of you (trees etc) the amps are not required. I say this after a lot of experience with version 1, version 2, with and without amps.

I have done SMA connector mod myself and now using ALFA patch antennas http://www.amazon.com/Alfa-APA-M25-directional-connector-WL-ANT-157/dp/B00R1PA9EOsignal is perfect, I get out 15K feet on the open 200 feet up without signal loss, here is the video:
My problem is around neighborhood where the obstructions are, trees, houses, interference...
so I believe CP should take care of the interference, and why not add amps if I can.
IF I can figure out way to tap amps off radio battery I will do it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Reactions: Bret Lucas
Yeah I used to think this way and use powered amps and if it spins your wheels, why not. I still have amps on my unit ready to be tapped if I think it's warranted.

I have done SMA connector mod myself and now using ALFA patch antennas http://www.amazon.com/Alfa-APA-M25-directional-connector-WL-ANT-157/dp/B00R1PA9EOsignal is perfect, I get out 15K feet on the open 200 feet up without signal loss, here is the video:
My problem is around neighborhood where the obstructions are, trees, houses, interference...
so I believe CP should take care of the interference, and why not add amps if I can.
IF I can figure out way to tap amps off radio battery I will do it.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="
" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

That one is easy to solve
Just don't fly around the neighborhood. You may even be lucky and stay in the good graces of your neighbors and advert crashing into their back yard or house.:D:D

Reactions: snerd
15k feet is no issue with FPVLR version 2 without amps but they will give you confidence.

That one is easy to solve
Just don't fly around the neighborhood. You may even be lucky and stay in the good graces of your neighbors and advert crashing into their back yard or house.:D:D

Im not afraid of flying, what I don't like is annoying video lag or bad video quality...

15k feet is no issue with FPVLR version 2 without amps but they will give you confidence.
I know, and I am getting this right now with that I got, what I need is best I can get obstacle penetration and overcoming all of that WiFi noise in the area...
Thanks all

Anyone with tips on using radio battery to power amps?

Im not afraid of flying, what I don't like is annoying video lag or bad video quality...
Fear has nothing to do with it but a little common sense goes a long way in making sure that your P3 doesn't wind up where it is not wanted.

Fear has nothing to do with it but a little common sense goes a long way in making sure that your P3 doesn't wind up where it is not wanted.
The perfect storm of a P3 dropping out of the sky without warning is about as likely as a police helicopter crashing on top of your roof, and the police helicopters seem to have no respect for the safety of the airspace over my house, as they fly over it 10x a day at 500 feet enroute to the coast. If one of the two is going to drop out of the sky, I'd rather it be the P3, thank you!:rolleyes:

Reactions: phantom13flyer
The perfect storm of a P3 dropping out of the sky without warning is about as likely as a police helicopter crashing on top of your roof, and the police helicopters seem to have no respect for the safety of the airspace over my house, as they fly over it 10x a day at 500 feet enroute to the coast. If one of the two is going to drop out of the sky, I'd rather it be the P3, thank you!:rolleyes:
That's like saying that all those crashes posted here are because of the perfect storm-- I guess-- so it shouldn't be an issue:rolleyes: O, what the heck, give the neighbors a show-- they need something to talk about anyway.:D:D:D

That's like saying that all those crashes posted here are because of the perfect storm-- I guess-- so it shouldn't be an issue:rolleyes: O, what the heck, give the neighbors a show-- they need something to talk about anyway.:D:D:D
Aside from infant mortality and inexperienced pilot error, these drones are not dropping out of the sky. After 24 hours of flight time, 166 flights, and 1,208,000 feet without an incident, I think the risk for me is finite but minimal. :cool:

Reactions: phantom13flyer
Aside from infant mortality and inexperienced pilot error, these drones are not dropping out of the sky. After 24 hours of flight time, 166 flights, and 1,208,000 feet without an incident, I think the risk for me is finite but minimal. :cool:

Ahh, post 321, -- lets keep this going awhile--:D:D:D With all that experience without incident-- it would probably be ok flying around a major airport, because there is little risk that the Phantom would be involved with a mid air-- after all there is lots of airspace up there. and maybe the FAA would be lenient -- Or how about downtown Manhatten or any major city -- this would probably work if a person had enough experience. Go for it:D:D:D -- what's it going to hurt?

Experience is not going to make up for the inevitable, that unknown battery issue or that magnetic interference that was never there before or the hawk or bird that happened to be nesting close by and didn't want any incursions to close to the nest-- Oh yes, my friend, they do come down, regardless of the amount of experience a person racks up. Is it going to kill or injure anyone, probably not, Is it going to infringe someone's privacy or property probably yes, Will it be violation of existing laws or regulation, probably yes or will be in the near future because we all keep pushing the envelope with small UAV aircraft . This hobby or small business will be regulated out of existence if we as operators don't stop seeing how far we can push the envelope. I don't like it anymore than anyone else, but we will all live to see it happen, even us old guys.

Cheers

Reactions: John Locke
Its seems that the speed at which technology is moving , it won't be long before these little pieces of technology are completely idiot proof. Now that's a bold statement because I have seen some stupid crap from people. However with the new obstacle avoidance system on the matrice 100, lighter parachute system , the advancement in batteries and the implementation of more no fly zones. It is very well possible that technology can stay ahead of even the most idiotic people in the hobby. Now it may be far stretch to stay it will be completely idiot proof. But there is hope that maybe all this great technology that is on the brink. This hobby can maybe stay out of the news and the media will forget about us. Hey I guy can hope right?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Scav8tor