FPVLR dual half-sphere antennas for Phantom 3 --- 30,000 ft. range!

Reaction score
Well good ole Tony from FPVLR.com is proudly "pre-announcing" the coolest, baddest antenna kit for the upcoming Phantom 3.

Yes, he really is claiming 30,000 ft. FPV range with this kit. Tony is a stand up guy and doesn't make frivolous and unreal claims on his products. He's already tested this kit on the Inspire 1, which of course uses the same 2.4 GHz Lightbridge system as the Phantom 3. This is mind-blowing stuff. Now, only the P3 battery will be the limiting factor.

I got the half-sphere antenna right now with my P2 Vision+ and I can routinely get out to 3.2 miles with solid FPV (assuming good conditions). It really punches that signal through trees quite well, too.

:p :p :p :p :p

Dual_half_sphere_antenna_kit.jpg

Is that boosted or just the half spheres that is impresive if only the helicals get 30000 ft. Adding all the extra weight of boosters would deture me.

Is that boosted or just the half spheres that is impresive if only the helicals get 30000 ft. Adding all the extra weight of boosters would deture me.

Sorry, you bring up a good point --- this 30,000 ft. range claim is using this antenna kit with the 2.4 GHz Sunhans 2500mW amp which Tony also sells on his website. I have this amp and it's a top-notch performer.

Boosted..the half sphere helix coil antennas can be mounted without using the boosters giving a range of around 4 miles..
the boosters get you up to another 2 miles..
turbo. .

Well good ole Tony from FPVLR.com is proudly "pre-announcing" the coolest, baddest antenna kit for the upcoming Phantom 3.

Yes, he really is claiming 30,000 ft. FPV range with this kit. Tony is a stand up guy and doesn't make frivolous and unreal claims on his products. He's already tested this kit on the Inspire 1, which of course uses the same 2.4 GHz Lightbridge system as the Phantom 3. This is mind-blowing stuff. Now, only the P3 battery will be the limiting factor.

I got the half-sphere antenna right now with my P2 Vision+ and I can routinely get out to 3.2 miles with solid FPV (assuming good conditions). It really punches that signal through trees quite well, too.

:p :p :p :p :p

Dual_half_sphere_antenna_kit.jpg
Is that 3.2 miles on just a pilot side modification? ?

4 miles is plenty fli P3 has the same 960 kv's as the P2 V3 4 miles is the point you will have to turn around if your traveling 30 mph which is what you prob top out at without wind behind you you will make it out 4 miles in 8 min back in 16 min and if 23 min is the stated flight time limit you might get 18 to 20 min tops 6 miles is theoretically impossible with the P3 even if it gets the advertised 23 min flight time it would take you 24 there and back.

I am sure the 23 flight time is best case scenario at a still hover, probably within ground effect. If you are flying at 30mph it I'll definitely not last 23 min, maybe 12 min max.

1. I'm hoping he does just a controller antenna mod to get a little more distance. Well just to keep it more solid really for those not so good signal places.

1. I'm hoping he does just a controller antenna mod to get a little more distance. Well just to keep it more solid really for those not so good signal places.
I bet he does but he's gonna have ta get his hand on one first to test it .
Would like to see inside one just to see what's going to be involved in installing the bird-side ones .

Recent Posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic