FPV Wifi Booster Set up

Reaction score
I am in the UK and have a very good FPV booster set up if anyone is interested. It is a Hawing Booster with 1 directional panel antenna and 1 12dbi omni antenna, it is seated on a platform on a good 4ft tripod and is powered by a 3 s lipo which sits neatly next to it. I have had the stock fc40 out to 832mtrs with it. I was going to replace the directional antenna with a 2.4ghz FPVLR antenna which would have got it much further but i bought a P3 in the end so never got round to doing it. If anyone is intrested in the set up just PM me for more details. cheers

I use go pro wifi all the time on my fc40... Although I know that the other types of phantom have interference problems. Unfortunately the range is limited. I use a Hawking booster with my fc40 camera but can't get the booster to work with the go pro ap.

No they will only work with the fc40 camera sadly. They work very well with that tho, i have lost TX range many times before loosing FPV to my phone. My last flight i did with the fc40 a flew straight out and it went just shy of 900 mtrs before going into return to home failsafe, all the the time tho i had full FPV link to my phone.

I am in the UK and have a very good FPV booster set up if anyone is interested. It is a Hawing Booster with 1 directional panel antenna and 1 12dbi omni antenna, it is seated on a platform on a good 4ft tripod and is powered by a 3 s lipo which sits neatly next to it. I have had the stock fc40 out to 832mtrs with it. I was going to replace the directional antenna with a 2.4ghz FPVLR antenna which would have got it much further but i bought a P3 in the end so never got round to doing it. If anyone is intrested in the set up just PM me for more details. cheers
FYI, a circular polarized fpvlr antenna would be a waste of money on that setup. You would most likely not get any signal because the fc40 cam is not circular polarized and most likely neither is your phone that you use to veiw it on

No my friend who I fly with uses the half sphere helix with the same set up, they work really well, and I mean really well. I'm about to fit 2 to my p3 controller all so.

I tried putting some cp antennas on my repeater and then the signal to my tablet had crazy amounts of noise/interference. I use a cloverleaf on the phantom and a linear polarized panel antenna on the pilot side usually with only a small loss. Best range for me is with the panel antenna pilot side and a 2dbi dipole on the bird

dji phantom fc40
ardrone2 mod 4 telemetry+fpv
tplinkwr703+sunhans 2.5w and alpha 7dbi panel antenna for wifi boost
based in new jersey US

This is something I may be interested in for my fc40

Sent from my iPad using PhantomPilots mobile app

I have done the RP-SMA mod to the transmitter PVT 581 5.8ghz I am using a RHP cloverleaf antenna I am getting great results,I will add the 2 watt 5.8ghz booster next,and of course figure the matched output from the RF power pot to the booster.The internal antennas have not been modified to the bird

For $50 you can get the boscam 2.4ghz 500mah TX and rx set from ebay and with some directional antennas you can get like 4000ft out. I use an amp and fpvlr antennas too for my phantom TX and I've been to 5000ft with this setup on my beloved fc40

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Lasernerd

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mactechnic