FPV Problem - DSLRPros...

Reaction score
I'm new to all this and trying to my head around why I'm having problems.
I bought a pre-assembled kit from DSLRPros. I've not been happy with their products but that's for another thread.

The image on my Black Pearl Monitor flickers and rolls when I'm flying, it even flickers when I'm connected and not flying, no matter what the distance. I've tried different channels. That didn't help. I've noticed that it tends to use the panel antennae more than the cloverleaf. I don't know if that means anything. My panel antennae has something rattling inside. Is that normal?
I have a Black Pearl Monitor RC801 ISM 5.8GHz Diversity Receiver. A cloverleaf antennae and a panel Wi-Fi antennae that states 5.8GHz/11db on the back. The Transmitter looks generic. It has 32ch sticker on it.
Any ideas why this might be happening? What would be the best way to isolate the problem?

A couple of things to check on the BP monitor, if you have a "rolling" image.

Check that your BP monitor is set to the same channel your video transmitter is transmitting from. Also, I had a "double vision" problem (2 images on the screen) once with my BP monitor and finally figured out it had accidentally gotten set to "PAL" format, as opposed to "NTSC" (which my video transmitter uses). Changed the BP to "NTSC" format and things became crystal clear! You may have to reference the User Guide for your BP monitor for these settings, if you are not familiar with it's menu system. Good luck!

Thank you for replying. DSLRPros support responded to my first email with the NTSC solution. They've haven't responded since.

Both are on NTSC and I'm on the same channel. I know this is a difficult thing to diagnose.
Should I start by replacing antenna's then the monitor? What is inside the shell that could be causing problems? Anyone know of a website explaining how to install an FPV system so I can understand what's involved?
Thanks

I was having the same problem
I did this mod to the input of the gopro and it fixed 99% of my noise/rolling problems.
I can't remember from who or where in the forums I found this mod, but I do have a pict
The gopro no longer gets power from the phantom only from its built in battery.

Attachments

• IMG_0961.JPG
    IMG_0961.JPG
    206.5 KB · Views: 531
Thanks.
Don't remember where you got the mod? That'd be a cheaper fix to try than a new monitor?

When I first started I mistakenly put the RX cloverleaf antennae on the quad and the TX cloverleaf on the monitor for a few flights. Could that have caused damage to the monitor?

Recent Posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozmtl